Attorney - Commercial Leasing.898
- Job Title
- Attorney - Commercial Leasing.898
Boutique real estate firm in Westchester, NY seeks an experienced Commercial Leasing Attorney to join its highly-regard, high-volume practice. On-site presence a minimum of two days weekly is required. The base salary is $150K-$200K, depending upon experience.
The Commercial Leasing Attorney will manage a high-volume of complex, retail leasing deals and negotiate, draft and revise tenant leases and all related agreements. The practice primarily represents tenants with the bulk of the leases representing retail clients (70%) with some office leases in the mix. Duties include the following:
- Review proposed and existing lease deals, lease modifications and completed leases.
- Negotiate leases, lease modifications, waivers, subordination agreements, estoppels, and termination agreements with tenants, opposing counsel and brokers.
- Draft and revise new leases for new and existing tenants.
- Review ancillary documents and lease exhibits.
- Visit leasing sites and attend lease negotiations off-site, as required.
- Follow up on dates necessary once the lease is negotiated..
- Negotiate ancillary lease forms, such as waivers, subordination agreements, estoppels, termination agreements, rental agreements, etc.
- Maintain abstracts, lease summary charts, and awareness of lease terms, obligations and responsibilities required in each lease (such as meeting penalty and dead dates), and exclusives and restrictions so there are no violations of an existing lease.
- Prepare post lease execution documents.
- New York State bar admission
- 6+ years' experience with commercial retail leases
- Representation of tenants required, landlord representation is a plus
- Contract negotiations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to multitask, managing a high-volume of real estate deals
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal-opportunity employer and all applicants are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.