Option 2: Create a New Profile
HR Administrative Assistant
- Job Title
- HR Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Rockledge, FL 32955
- Other Location
Hourly Rate: $15/hour
Position Summary: Provide support services for the Human Resources department including performing background checks, new hire orientation, personnel file management and maintenance in the electronic file program. This position assists with all HR department administrative tasks and assures compliance where appropriate.
- Background Screening - Essential: Perform background screens on every new employee candidate to ensure compliance with the procedure.
- Maintain Files/Document Management - Essential: Store and retrieve electronic personnel files in accordance with established procedures in order to ensure the timely access of information and records.
- Spreadsheets - Essential: Create spreadsheets with appropriate data in order to provide others with organized statistical reports or graphs.
- Switchboard Operation - Essential: Relieves receptionist as scheduled.
- Other duties as required: Job performance requires fulfilling other incidental or related duties as assigned, assisting and training others, and performing duties of higher rated positions from time to time for developmental purposes.
- Concern for Quality: Able to promote quality in spite of other pressures; identify and remove barriers to quality; take time to do things right.
- Attention to Detail: Able to be thorough and complete when working with assembling, processing, or providing detailed information; track details even when under pressure.
- Versatility: Able to take on new or multiple roles and responsibilities and do them well; be flexible when considering options and opinions; open to new ideas and change.
- Customer Service: Able to anticipate and respond to customer needs, concerns, or questions in order to meet or exceed their expectations; help evaluate needs and options; show care and concern to demonstrate customer importance and value.
- Problem Solving: Able to exercise judgment in building realistic solutions to problems; understand the real issues behind problems; use common sense and take practical action to solve problems.
- Initiative: Able to take responsibility and follow through to undertake or complete a task; seek opportunities to do more; show initiative to do more than expected; take advantage of opportunities to help others.
- Sensitivity: Work effectively with and show sensitivity to cultural differences and various socio-economic backgrounds of others.
- Ethics: Adhere to and model principles and values of Agency and System of Care by being strength-based, solution-focused, maintains highest level of integrity and ethical standards and work collaboratively with employees, partners, stakeholders and clients in all interactions.
- Three + years of experience as an administrative assistant: This is required in order to have the skills necessary to meet the expectations of this role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Business Applications: Essential: This is required in order to assist in developing reports, establishing and maintaining spreadsheets, and providing strong administrative support including preparing correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, and taking minutes.
- Collaborative solution focused communication style: This is required in order to effectively work with a diverse public and internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills: Essential: This is required as this individual must work with a diverse group of staff and provide relief coverage to Suite A switch board.
- Valid Driver's License: This is important in order to provide support and assistance to Care Coordinators at other sites as needed.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- AA/AS - Associates Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3 to 5 years related experience required.
- Prior experience supporting HR department preferred.
- 75 % Sitting
- 15% Standing
- 75 % Reading
- 75 % Speaking
- 75 % Listening
- 75 % Typing
- 50 % Writing
The Brevard Family Partnership Family of Agencies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. These employers also maintain Drug-Free Workplaces. Requests for Auxiliary Aids for Hearing Impaired or Limited English Proficiency Candidates may be made with a minimum of five (5) days notice to C. Hernandez at (321) 752-4650.