Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Re-Licensing Specialist
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32935
- Other Location
Minimum Hourly Rate: $19.00/hour
Position Summary: The Licensing Specialist is the primary point of contact for licensed foster homes and is responsible for the re-licensing of family foster homes ensuring timely and thorough completion of home studies in compliance with Florida Administrative Code. This position also provides recommendations for approval or revocation of license. This position facilitates PRIDE and other training opportunities while supporting both new and existing foster families. This position is also responsible for investigating and making recommendations for resolution of all incident reports, foster care referrals and licensing concerns to existing foster homes. The Licensing Specialist participates in the on-call rotation for placement.
- Complete Licensing Home Studies-Essential Function: The position completes initial and re licensure home studies inclusive of the assessment and evaluation of all household members and babysitters, background screening and quarterly abuse report histories.
- Home Visits to Family Foster Homes -Essential Function: This position will provide regular and ongoing home visits to family foster homes. The position will also complete move studies in order to amend a family's license due to a change in residence and upon satisfactorily inspection of the home by the Specialist.
- PRIDE Training -Essential Function: The position will conduct PRIDE training on a regular and ongoing basis to train new foster parents as well as facilitate other foster parent trainings.
- Conduct Ongoing Assessments- Essential Function: This position will conduct ongoing assessments to determine capacity increase or decrease as indicated based on family skills, training, household composition, physical space and other determining factors.
- Foster Care Referrals-Essential Function: This position will investigate and make recommendations for resolution of all incident reports, foster care referrals and licensing concerns related to existing foster homes.
- Liaison between Foster Parents and Case Managers: This position will serve as a Liaison between foster parents and case managers ensuring open communication and timely resolution of any identified concerns.
- Other duties as required: Job performance requires fulfilling other incidental or related duties as assigned, assisting and training others, and performing duties of higher rated positions from time to time for developmental purposes.
- Attention to Detail: Able to be thorough and complete when working with assembling, processing, or providing detailed information; track details even when under pressure.
- Customer Service: Able to anticipate and respond to customer's needs, concerns, or questions in order to meet or exceed their expectations; help evaluate needs and options; show care and concern to demonstrate customer importance and value.
- Integrity: Able to demonstrate consistency of words and actions; protect confidential information; do what is right even when no one is watching; demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values.
- Verbal Communication: Able to clearly express ideas, information, or concerns with the spoken word; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; listen to understand perspective of others.
- Self-Control: Able to maintain a composed problem-solving approach when faced with unrealistic expectations, pressing time demands, frustration, or interpersonal conflict.
- Trust and Respect: Able to demonstrate respect and treat others in an honest and straightforward manner; keep dealings with others confidential; keep word and follow through on commitments.
- Sensitivity: Work effectively with and show sensitivity to cultural differences and various socio-economic backgrounds of others.
- Ethics: Adhere to and model principles and values of Agency and System of Care by being strength-based,solution-focused, maintains highest level of integrity and ethical standards and work collaboratively with employees, partners, stakeholders and clients in all interactions.
- Valid Driver License - Essential: This is required in order to travel throughout the County and other locations for client and other meetings.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills: This is required in order to develop effective and collaborative communications with children and families, the community and service providers. These skills are required to facilitate PRIDE classes and complete accurate and timely home studies.
- Advanced computer and data entry skills: This is required in order to maintain spreadsheets and data in foster care licensing.
- Certified Child Protection Professional - Essential: Required in order to serve in this role.
- Collaboration, negotiation and problem-solving skills: This skill and experience is required to ensure successful integration into our system of care.
- 2+ years prior experience in foster care licensing: Prior experience in foster care licensing is essential in order to fulfill expectations, adhere to statutes and ensure timely deliverables.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- MA/MS - Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years foster care licensing required.
- 4+ years foster care licensing/PRIDE Certified preferred.
- Lifting 20 pounds
- Carrying 20 pounds
- Stooping / Crouching
- Noise Conditions
Brevard Family Partnership and Brevard C.A.R.E.S. are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. These employers also maintain Drug-Free Workplaces. Requests for Auxiliary Aids for Hearing Impaired or Limited English Proficiency Candidates may be made with a minimum of five (5) days notice to C. Hernandez at (321) 752-4650.