UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Integration Engineer - 5G Solutions Consulting
- Job Title
- Integration Engineer - 5G Solutions Consulting
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- New York, NY 10001
- Other Location
Integration Engineer, 5G Solutions
Work from Home, United States or Canada
@Orchard LLC has been retained by one of the most important technology companies you’ve ever heard of. They are responsible for the underlying networks supporting many of the innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show), as well as critical infrastructure that keeps us safe and serves critical missions. For more than 25 years, our client has been the global leader in networking strategy, and their technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies and government institutions in the world.
As an Integration Engineer for 5G Solutions you will;
Join a growing services practice within a global technology leader. Our client’s Global Services, Systems Integration Practice is focused on the application of the client’s technology and multivendor elements at the network edge for virtualized edge, edge cloud, and 5G solutions. You will implement and deploy solutions for our customers while providing an excellent customer experience. You will bring key technical capabilities along with strong customer-facing skills. Our startup team will benefit from your innovation, customer focus, collaboration, value creation, and professionalism.
Your responsibilities will include;
- To collaborate with colleagues and industry partners to convert top-level architectures and designs into deployment deliverables.
- Perform project delivery, both remotely and on customer sites.
- Perform network rollout activities and software upgrades of network nodes.
- Integrate orchestration, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and virtualized/cloud-native network functions.
- Validate solution configurations and functionality and achieve acceptance testing success.
- Perform solution life cycle management activities such as; the evaluation and impact assessment of revisions to solution components.
- Perform onboarding and validation of enterprise Virtual Network Functions and Cloud-Native Functions.
- Perform testing of solutions along with troubleshooting to identify and resolve issues.
- Create documentation and knowledge sharing content/competency development for colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Support customer engagements including technical sessions, questions, planning, progress updates, and issue resolution.
- Implement proof of concepts (PoC) and demonstrate those for customers and customer clients.
- Identify and create processes and automation tools to optimize the capabilities of the practice.
Your background will likely include the following;
- More than 3 years of experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field in a systems integration delivery role. Including more than 2 years of 5G and network function virtualization experience.
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards, cloud technologies, vRAN, O-RAN, radio access technology (4G/5G), Open Edge Server, and xHaul deployments in a cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization, including; Orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and Virtualized Network Functions (VNF).
- Certification or familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack, Kubernetes, VMWare, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds.
- Network testing methodologies including test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent.
- VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge: ONAP, OPNFV, ETSI NFV ISG, ONF.
- Rest API, automation, and scripting skills including Ansible, Gitlab CI, JSON, TOSCA, and Python.
- Expertise in ethernet and IP networks is required: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security.
- Knowledge of DevOps as implemented in the Gitlab platform including Docker or Kubernetes image building and usage for automation testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- The ability to travel approximately 25% of the time, at times higher to support customer engagements.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.