Paralegal - Immigration (Temporary) NJ.590
- Job Title
- Paralegal - Immigration (Temporary) NJ.590
Small, congenial law firm located in Newark, NJ seeks an experienced Immigration Paralegal to work on a long-term, temporary basis. The position is on-site (with some remote days) and is commutable by public transportation. The hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with an hourly rate of $25.
Your immigration experience should include VAWA cases, battered spouse petitions, removal of conditions, adjustment of status and consular processing. This is a high-volume practice requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills are as you will have frequent contact with clients and will prepare written correspondence and court filings. Outstanding organization and follow-up skills are a must as you will be monitoring the firm’s court calendar.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience filing VAWA and I-751 petitions and EOIR filings
- I-360/I-485 battered spouse cases
- I-130/I-485 marriage cases
- I-751 removal of conditions cases
- Familiarity with Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) and immigration court procedures
- Ability to handle phones and calendar management
- Ability to write cover letters and affidavits
- Ability to use E-immigration
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Strong knowledge of G Suite: Calendar and scheduling is critical
- Internet savvy