Project Manager - Litigation Support (DC).431
- Job Title
- Project Manager - Litigation Support (DC).431
A leading national litigation boutique firm is seeking a Project Manager - Litigation Support to join their office in Washington, DC. Travel is required; on occasion, legal proceedings could be several months long and may require onsite support for the duration of the proceeding. A flexible schedule is required and you will be working on-site in the Washington, D.C. office as needed. The compensation package is competitive.
The successful Project Manager-Litigation Support will work within the firm’s litigation practice by managing projects and by providing services in alignment with the firm’s best practices. This position is responsible for working with case teams in providing consulting and support services with respect to the preservation, collection, processing, review, production and presentation of documents, as well as providing support at depositions, mediation, arbitration, and trial. Additional duties are as follows:
- Collaborate and consult with case teams on best methods for preservation, collection, review and production of electronic data based on case needs.
- Advise case teams regarding legal technology and workflow design appropriate for all phases of the e-Discovery Reference Model (EDRM), including forensics collection, document review, and trial presentation.
- Assist attorneys in negotiating with opposing parties during meet-and-confer sessions to reach agreements on e-Discovery protocol.
- Assist attorneys in establishing and applying early case assessment strategies to client data collections for the purpose of defining attorney document review sets and budgeting.
- Research, evaluate, propose, and plan the implementation of workflows that leverage the latest legal technology.
- Manage vendors to assure that high-quality data deliverables and services are provided within negotiated schedules and budgets.
- Create, maintain and support document review databases throughout the lifecycle of matters, including processing data, filtering data, generating reports, and assisting with database searches.
- Prepare in-house document productions and quality control check vendor-created document productions.
- Troubleshoots litigation support applications and databases.
- Maintain relevant technical and professional knowledge of applications, equipment, and related topics through training, vendor meetings, seminars, vendor materials, self-study, user group meetings, industry networking, and professional journals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or other training, education, or certification in relevant technologies.
- At least five years of relevant experience. Law firm and/or vendor experience strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience using, administrating, and supporting litigation software packages.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements, both independently and as part of a team.
- Comprehensive and detailed understanding of e-Discovery rules, case law, principles and industry practices and processes. Demonstrated knowledge of the EDRM and how each phase of the model impacts the delivery of service.
- Advanced User and Administrator knowledge of data processing applications, document review platforms, and trial presentation software, such as NUIX, LAW Pre-Discovery, Relativity, RingTail, Trial Director, OnCue, CaseMap, Concordance, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of how databases work. Demonstrated skill in manipulating database load files. Experience collecting, managing, organizing, and producing electronically stored information (ESI).
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate work in high-pressure situations with multiple/conflicting priorities.
- Experience in exporting and importing data from a variety of formats.
- Ability to effectively manage technical issues with e-Discovery and Litigation Support providers. Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client-service orientation.
- Working knowledge of PCs, server technologies, and MS Office Suite.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities, and resolving issues proactively.
- Ability to take an assignment from inception to completion with minimal supervision or by following broad guidelines and internal best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis. Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with technical staff and vendors, as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Flexibility to work in excess of forty hours in one week, including work on weekends, evenings, and holidays.