- Job Title
- Respiratory Therapist
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a Medical Device / Supply company in their search for Respiratory Therapist.
This is a Direct Hire position
Must be licensed in the State of FL as a RRT or CRT
Pay: $18 - $21/hour depending on experience
Company Supplied: Vehicle, Gas Card and Cell Phone
When on Call: Pay is $20/day + any hours worked with Rotating weekends and holidays
JOB PURPOSE: Provides patient education and clinical expertise by performing patient visits and assessment, and communicating with the medical community.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
· Evaluates patients and makes recommendations for care by performing patient assessment to include vital signs and breath sounds (oximetry if ordered); observing patient’s response to therapy; communicating professional observations; development of the patient care plan.
· Provides customer service by delivering equipment; ensuring equipment is assembled and functioning properly, providing instructions for use, safety and maintenance of equipment, observing a return demonstration by the patient/caregiver; assessing patient for risks and/or specific need; presenting promotional and educational information and material on all products and services; documenting and notifying patient/caregiver of the existence of any safety hazards; performing minor equipment repairs in patient homes, obtaining signatures, information and collecting payments.
· Provides quality care by instructing patients in purpose of therapy; use, cleaning and maintenance of respiratory equipment.
· Evaluate and document effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by performing patient visits and evaluations as ordered, evaluating equipment maintenance; issuing report(s) to the physician.
· Acts as liaison between patient, home care company and medical community by consulting with physicians and other healthcare professionals to clarify orders, discuss patient problems or recommend therapy; providing educational in-services.
· Documents patient care services by completing care plans, progress reports, daily activity logs and/or other required paperwork.
· Demonstrates knowledge of basic respiratory therapy equipment and modalities by completion of the RT proficiency check lists upon hire and annually and by demonstration of skills in daily activities; procedures to include but not limited to oxygen therapy, IPPB, and suction.
· Demonstrates knowledge of high tech respiratory therapy equipment and modalities by completion of RT proficiency check list during the first two months of employment and annually thereafter. Procedures to include but not limited to ventilators, CPAP, BIPAP and Apnea Monitors.
· Demonstrates proficiency in performing diagnostic testing by performing oximetry or other required testing.
· Contributes to profitability by understanding Medicare guidelines; demonstrating a basic understanding of other payment methods and contractual arrangements; assisting the Billing office in obtaining testing results and information.
· Provides community service by participation in health fairs, in-services and other promotional events; promoting company products and services to referral sources.
· Contributes to team effort by coordinating schedule with office daily; being available by mobile methods of communication at all times; covering any geographical area in emergency situations or absence of other therapists; accepting on-call as requested.
· Adheres to company policy and procedure by reading and upholding all policies and procedures inclusive of, but not limited to, safety and emergency procedures, infection control, and patient confidentiality.
· Protects employees and customers by maintaining a safe and clean working environment; complying with manufacturer’s standards, government and company procedures, rules and regulations; adhering to all infection control policies and procedures
· Complies with state licensure by maintaining biannual continuing education credits and State licensure.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by ensuring all information is confidential and adhering to the Corporate Compliance Program Standards.
· Maintains inter- and intra-departmental workflow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Required Skills
Current license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist in the state of residence and/or state where job functions will be performed.
Minimum of one year experience in respiratory care; some home care experience preferred
- Pay Range
- $18.00 Hourly to $21.00 Hourly