Director-eDiscovery/Case Management (NYC).545
- Job Title
- Director-eDiscovery/Case Management (NYC).545
A progressive litigation law firm with a commitment to civil rights and public interest law is seeking a Director-eDiscovery/Case Management for its New York City office. Compensation is $150K - $175K for experienced candidates with a JD; candidates with less experience should expect $100K to $110K. .
- Serve as the primary point person for eDiscovery logistics and troubleshooting, both technical and legal, across all Firm matters, and as the vendor point of contact across all eDiscovery solutions.
- Educate the Firm’s attorneys and case managers on evolving eDiscovery rulings, service offerings, and solutions.
- Manage the Firm’s expanding team of Case Managers and Senior Case Managers (including supervision, staffing, and training).
- Coordinate the Firm’s use of contract attorneys and other temporary workers involved in document review and other litigation-related projects.
- Liaise with court reporters and other third-party litigation-support providers.
- Remain current in trends in eDiscovery and litigation support, and regularly survey and implement current best practices in these areas.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, e.g., in a litigation-specific role at a law firm. J.D. and/or eDiscovery certification—e.g., Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS) or Certified Information Privacy Professional for the United States (CIPP/U)—preferred but not required.
- Exceptional working knowledge of eDiscovery, litigation case-management principles, and tech-savvy.
- Ability to adhere to Firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
- Flexibility to be available after hours to assist with eDiscovery and case-management issues and questions.
- Ability to thrive in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a "no job too big, no job too small" attitude, and take a collaborative, team-focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to tasks across the Firm.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, always highlighting the most important information. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake free.
- Ability to take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer-service orientation and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to balance tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about our commitment to civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose.
- Please submit resume and cover letter.