Summer Camp Coordinator
- Job Title
- Summer Camp Coordinator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Summer / Seasonal
- Starke, FL 32091
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with an organization in Starke, FL in their search of a Summer Camp Coordinator.
$500 per week, plus food and lodging. This position is for 8 weeks.
The Summer Camp Coordinator must be a role model for campers and staff alike, who will look to them for leadership, direction, and support throughout the summer. Show management, organizational, and administrative skills.
Job Summary: Summer Camp Coordinator works in collaboration with the Programming Associate, to make up our seasonal leadership team and are in charge of daily operations for all groups. Their primary responsibility is to organize and implement the camp's daily schedule.
Summer Camp Coordinator supervises a staff of 12 and up to 48 campers. Program Coordinator will strive to utilize their staff’s strengths in providing new challenges and exciting activities for campers. Must be familiar with all camp activities. Summer Camp Coordinator also plays a large role in staff training, including the ability to coach staff in all camp areas.
Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
● Communicate daily with administrative staff to coordinate camp activities, as well as to discuss problems, questions, or other concerns that may arise.
● Able to support and carry out camp policies and philosophies within the guidelines set during staff training.
● Responsible for enforcing rules and camp policies concerning staff and campers.
● Preparing for daily and weekly staff meetings
● Writing and collecting articles for camp newsletters.
● Distributing camper and staff mail
● Participating in daily activities
● Planning evening programs
● Plan all-camp special days
● Working with support staff on scheduling and activity ideas
● Helping to evaluate staff and programs through both formal and informal means.
● Program Coordinators must have current First Aid, CPR, and Waterfront Lifeguard Certifications.
- Required Skills
must have current First Aid, CPR, and Waterfront Lifeguard Certifications.