UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Key Account Manager (KAM) Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia
- Job Title
- Key Account Manager (KAM) Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Baltimore, MD
- Other Location
Key Account Manager (KAM)
Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a market-leader in the critical Infectious Disease therapeutic sector to add a Key Account Manager (KAM) focused upon selling our client’s innovative infectious disease and antimicrobial products within critical care and hospital settings. This is an exceptional opportunity to both bring your current expertise and broaden your knowledge and responsibilities in a meaningful and valuable fashion.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) position is a hospital-based or integrated sites of care-based position focused on launching and selling innovative products in the assigned institutional accounts, including integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and alternate sites of care for infusion. The role includes educating clinicians on the clinical benefits of our client’s products to facilitate and gain improved institutional formulary access while expanding appropriate product utilization, thru protocol adoption, to exceed business and customer objectives with assigned hospitals and IDNs.
The KAM also has accountability for pulling through contracts and facilitating account and clinician access opportunities to ensure achievement of client business goals. KAMs are required to follow the hospitalized patient journey and call Long Term Acute Care hospitals and home infusion companies if determined necessary in their territories. Some of the products will require to the KAM to call on infusion centers outside the hospital, open sites of care outside of a hospital for infusion as well as call on customers that refer into those infusion centers.
Our client is backed by a leading private equity company, dedicated to creating a sector leader in the hospital and integrated sites of care space with a current focus upon four commercialized products within the infectious disease and antibiotics sector.
If you are interested in working for a company doing good work in the area of antibiotics, hospital care, and ID. If you are excited by a challenge and motivated to work within an environment requiring adaptability and intelligence, then is your perfect opportunity.
As a Key Account Manager you will;
- Increase product access and sales in the geographical area by navigating the institutional formulary approval process, as well as educating customers on appropriate use of our client’s products
- Secure placement of products on appropriate account protocols and ensure products are in the EMR systems
- Develop relationships with local infusion sites, LTACH’s and home infusion companies
- Develop territory and account-level plans to grow product utilization, formulary access, and expand the customer base
- Understand multiple interdependencies within an account, consider customer treatment goals and needs, and maximize account performance by aligning appropriate solutions, messaging, and stakeholders
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customer opinion leaders and hospitals, including physicians, medical staff and pharmacies
- Plan, coordinate, and implement hospital-oriented education forums in accordance with company policies and business plans
- Partner with hospital treatment committees to include products on appropriate disease state protocols
- Facilitate continuity of care for discharging patients via client’s product inclusion on discharge protocols/orders and alignment of approved reimbursement resources
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales, Medical Affairs, National Accounts, Marketing, and Sales Administration on all needs, opportunities, Key Opinion Leader touch points, formulary changes and pull-through initiatives
Your background will look like this;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Prior hospital experience in Acute Care and/or Infectious Disease
- Success planning and executing a new product or solution launch into a hospital/account setting
- Minimum of 7 years of related pharmaceutical sales, marketing and/or training experience
- Minimum of 3 years in an account selling role (selling in a hospital/account ecosystem, for all levels of the account)
- Proven track record of sales within a hospital environment of the assigned territory/accounts
- Ability to create alternate sites of care in assigned territory
- Buy/Bill and Home Infusion experience preferred
- Understanding of how to sell in a buy and bill market
- Highly a motivated results-driven individual
- Must be able to work well independently and as a team member; under pressure, shifting priorities, and a changing landscape.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Ability to establish and build relationships and rapport with a diverse customer base
- Strong ability to learn and use technical product knowledge
- The ability to travel as necessary to support clients within assigned territory and to attend both sales meetings and conferences.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Willingness and ability to provide proof of childhood immunizations, a negative TB test and other requirements, as set by each hospital’s credentialing protocol for access
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.