Attorney - Commercial Contracts (Temporary/NYC).324
- Job Title
- Attorney - Commercial Contracts (Temporary/NYC).324
Leading professional organization seeks an Attorney to review commercial contracts. This is a long-term, temporary position expected to last at least six months (possibly longer) with an hourly rate of $50. The position will be remote, however, a return to the NYC location is expected when deemed appropriate.
Review a broad array of commercial contracts and advise domestic and international clients on a wide range of matters, including structuring, negotiating and drafting a variety of general and specialized agreements necessary for the day-to-day operations of a cutting-edge global science and technology non-profit organization. This position functions as an individual contributor and reports to a senior attorney in the Legal & Compliance Department. Additional duties include the following:
- Negotiating directly with external parties and drafting domestic and international commercial, business and operational contracts, and providing advice and counsel with respect to same.
- Using and modifying standard forms and templates in the marketing, publishing, education, technical conference and membership operations.
- Analyzing contractual requirements, special provisions, and legal terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures.
- Leading and/or collaborating on additional legal initiatives, as requested, including working on unique projects.
- Advising clients, working directly with senior managers and suppliers.
- Managing large volumes of commercial contract review with consistency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Implementing policies and practices of leading non-profit charities, as well as academic and research organizations.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree from a national law school
- Member in good standing of the New York State bar
- 3 to 5 years of commercial legal advice, contract drafting, negotiation and review experience
- Some corporate in-house experience preferred
- Experience with technology contracts is a plus but not required
- Gmail and Microsoft Office Suite experience