Corporate Associate-Investment Management (NYC).115
- Job Title
- Corporate Associate-Investment Management (NYC).115
Chambers ranked general practice law firm in New York City seeks a junior Corporate Associate for its highly regarded and internationally known boutique Investment Management group. Billable hours range from 1,800-1,900 annually with a competitive base salary and bonus.
The Associate will work closely with the Investment Management practice and other Corporate groups within the firm on complex, cutting-edge transactions in connection with the formation and ongoing representation of U.S. and non-U.S. fund structures including registered funds and funds exempt from registration under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the applicability of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. The Associate will advise venture capital, private equity and hedge funds on all aspects of their business, including structuring and formation, governing regulations, and the implementation of investment strategies. Additional duties include:
- Drafting private placement offering memoranda, subscription documents and ancillary contracts for sponsors, investment advisors, investment companies, CTAs and CPOs, administrators, broker-dealers, custodians and placement agents.
- Structuring financing arrangements, including joint lending, loan participation and securitization transactions.
- Assisting with SEC, CFTC, NFA, and FINRA registrations, private letter relief and enforcement proceedings, broker-dealer services, investment advisor and investment company services, and ongoing federal and state securities law compliance.
- 2-5 years' Investment Management experience
- Excellent drafting skills
- Knowledge of applicable regulations including the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Admission to New York State bar