UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Fire Protection Engineer
- Job Title
- Fire Protection Engineer
- Job ID
- Pasadena, CA 91124
- Other Location
Our client's Federal Solutions group is looking for a new Fire Protection Engineer (FPE) to join the Fire Protection Engineering Division in support of various Government projects. Our client provides a broad array of Fire and Life Safety Engineering and Fire Protection System Design, Construction, and Management services to our Government clients.
• 4+ years of work experience in Fire Protection Engineering design and project management
• Plan, direct, and oversee engineering activities including project execution
• Conduct Fire Protection Engineering inspection, studies, design, and complex calculations
• Complete site surveys and identify code issues and offer compliant solutions
• Perform interpretation and application of local, state, and federal requirements, and regulations, relative to all aspects of fire protection and life safety
• Prepare and present technical audits, reports, and exhibits
• Design fire suppression system, fire alarm system, and prepare technical specifications
• Ability to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in using AutoCAD, Revit, and Hydraulic Calculation software including HASS, AutoSPRINK, and HydroCAD. Ability to design fire alarm, fire suppression, and life safety systems in Revit
• Comply with all safety policies
• Visit construction sites or frequent travel with overnight stay
• US Citizenship is required. Candidate must have the ability to obtain US Government security clearances
• B.S. Degree, or higher, in Engineering, preferably Fire Protection Engineering.
• Professional Engineering (PE) License in Fire Protection Engineering, or ability to obtain within a year of hire.
• Possess certifications, training, and working knowledge of NFPA codes and standards including NFPA13, 2001, 70, and 72.