$2/Hr Summer Premium - General Merchandise Clerk
- Job Title
- $2/Hr Summer Premium - General Merchandise Clerk
- Job ID
- Traverse City, MI 49684
- Other Location
As a team member with Meijer you will be responsible for providing our customers with a remarkable shopping experience.
We have immediate openings in all departments in your area! We are looking for friendly team members to work in a clean and safe environment focusing on efficiency, productivity and growth.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
General Merchandise Clerk:
This position will be responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude. This entry level team member position will be exposed to a variety of retail tasks related to product, customer service and merchandising.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will create those ‘WOW’ moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Assist customers with their orders for a variety of deli and bakery services.
- Provide product suggestions and assist customers with special orders.
- Ensure quality service and products for customers by following safety and sanitation procedures.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective and efficient.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
- Stock product and product displays according to merchandising standards.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Enjoys interacting with customers one-on-one.
- Highly-organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Comfortable using electronic bakery and deli equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
• Summer Pay Premium additional $2/Hr
• Weekly pay
• Scheduling flexibility
• Paid parental leave
• Paid education assistance
• Care.com/back-up care assistance
• Team member discount
• Development programs for advancement and career growth
Why Work for Meijer
Meijer is a large Midwest-based grocery and retail chain founded in 1934. With a proven history of growth and employee care, we’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” and certified “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ equality.”
When you join the Meijer team, you will have opportunities to positively impact business results, customers, and your co-workers. Every individual on our team has a vital role in providing quality customer service.
Start your career with Meijer, and there’s no limit to how far you can grow!
- Required Skills
18 years of age or older.
Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
Desire to work with customers.
Previous retail or customer experience preferred but not required.
Good verbal communication skills.
Detail oriented and organized.
Friendly outgoing attitude.
Ability to operate cashier register system.