- Job Title
- Job ID
- Hillsdale, MI 49242
- Other Location
Join the Meijer team and be part of a retail revolution, where your passion meets purpose in shaping exceptional shopping experiences for our diverse and vibrant community. Elevate your career in the heart of the retail grocery industry, where every day presents a fresh opportunity to make a real difference!
Provides a professional presence at the front entryways creating an active deterrence to theft by engaging with customers entering the store and exiting from both the interior of the store and the checkout area. Prevents theft through constant awareness of customer activity and urgently engaging with customers to validate receipts and recover unpaid merchandise. Keeps our team members and customers safe by identifying and resolving safety concerns.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Actively identify and quickly resolve unsafe conditions and situations
- Prevent theft through an active presence and engagement with customers entering and exiting
- Respond to alerts urgently to check receipts, recover unpaid merchandise, and resolve alarms
- Reduce store disruption following the company de-escalation and negotiation techniques
- Document and communicate theft, safety, and alarm activity incidents.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience or asset protection experience
- Clear and professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to actively move throughout work area for long periods of time
- Ability to respond to alerts quickly and urgently
- Ability to learn and interact with new and existing technology solutions
- Ability to use technology to document and communicate incidents
- Ability to learn and apply negotiation and de-escalation techniques
- Ability to maintain knowledge of product locations to direct customers
- Ability to work successfully with conflict
- Required Skills
High school graduate or equivalent.
1-2 years of customer service experience or asset protection experience