Option 1: Create a New Profile
Manager, Programs & Engagement
- Job Title
- Manager, Programs & Engagement
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Houston, TX 77010
- Other Location
Why the Partnership
When you join the Greater Houston Partnership, you get the opportunity to work with an organization helping guide the future of the Houston region. Our team of professionals work across multiple disciplines, including: Economic Development (Regional and International), Executive, Finance & Accounting, Marketing & Communications, Member Engagement, Public Policy, Regional Workforce Development, Research, Resources, and the Center for Houston’s Future.
The Greater Houston Partnership works to make Houston one of the best places to live, work and build a business. As the economic development organization for the region, the Partnership champions growth across 12 counties by bringing together business and civic-minded leaders who are dedicated to the area’s long-term success. Representing more than 900 member organizations and approximately one-fifth of the region’s workforce, the Partnership is the place companies come together to make an impact.
We look forward to telling you more about the organization and helping determine if a career with the Partnership is right for you!
Today, We Are Looking For
The Manager, Programs & Engagement is responsible for managing events executed by the Programs department designed to provide peer networking, relevant information on timely business-related topics, and deepen member engagement with the Partnership. The Manager is primarily accountable for managing the life cycle of assigned events, delivering high-quality programming, and working collaboratively across Partnership departments to ensure alignment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
- Drive retention, engagement, and recruitment of Partnership members through effective delivery of events aimed at helping Partnership members grow their businesses and careers through leadership and professional development networking.
- Execute high-quality events by effectively project managing the life cycle of the event.
- Create relevant and timely programmatic content for assigned events informed by ongoing research and collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Draft written materials including event descriptions, agendas, briefing materials, speaker remarks, discussion questions, online newsletters, and promotional messaging.
- Collaborate with MarCom to create and approve all promotional, marketing, and branded items related to an event.
- Facilitate event preparation meetings including event and program concept meetings, speaker prep calls, and event briefings with the Director and VP.
- Oversee all day of event activities including event setup, check-in, run of show, and clean-up.
- Provide after-event reports (e.g., Flash Reports) with detailed analysis of each event within 48 hours of event completion.
- Utilize project management tools to coordinate with internal stakeholders and maintain all event materials and records.
- Maintain customer relations by effectively building relationships with members.
- Maintain speaker suggestion database for the Programs department.
- With the Director, ensure that the Programs department milestones and goals are met.
- Manage and execute events in accordance approved budget.
- Support all Programs department and Events department events as needed.
- Work cross-functionally with other member departments to provide consistent and seamless service to members of the Partnership.
- Contribute to the overall goals of the Member Engagement Division including revenue generation, membership retention, and recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Energetic and passionate about Houston.
- Project Management skills - handles complexity and prioritizes competing demands effectively.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills; effective and engaging storyteller.
- Data Analytics skills – strong critical thinking skills, able to interpret and implement data accurately.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Relationship builder who initiates and develops solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills - uses the right communication method both spoken and written while understanding customer needs.
- Consultative - brings the right people into the decision-making process.
- Proficiency in these business, project, and event management systems: Office 365 and all Microsoft products, Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook; and Basecamp, Salesforce, and CVENT.
- Professional appearance.
- Exercises judgment and tact.
- Preference for fast-paced, goal- and team-oriented environment.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple assignments.
- Strong attention to details.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
Minimum 5 years of experience in program development or events management and hospitality or related field.
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
Adhere to office safety policies.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.