DB2 DBA (Remote)
- Job Title
- DB2 DBA (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Pittsburgh, PA 15275
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for DB2 DBA in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Responsible for supporting business funded and all other portfolio funded work efforts based on project requirements; delivered to customer expectations.
- Work with engineers to determine end solutions for each project by comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc.
- Hands on experience in database architecture and physical design from several aspects: physical data model, database infrastructure requirements, product integration requirements as well as installation of new servers/databases to meet expectations and requirements of the business.
- Collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Eight to ten years of experience.
- Must have hands-on experience in DB2 LUW databases upgrade and clients to latest release on Linux, and AIX.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage multiple UDB versions, instances with multiple operating system platform.
- Experience in Health and Recoverability of databases in the production and non-production environments.
- In depth experience with DB2 UDB 11 + (HADR is required). Knowledge of AIX platform; Linux (and Windows a plus).
- Excellent knowledge of Database backup and recovery of very large databases, typically multi terabytes.
- Expert level of performance and tuning skills.
- Experience in scripting and ability to create and maintain shell scripts to automate various database related tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of UDB database/instance tuning, optimizing complex SQL statements for best possible performance.
- Skills Experience with database standard concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience with scripting, ansible & automation is a plus