Network Engineer- 100% Remote
- Job Title
- Network Engineer- 100% Remote
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Network Engineer will join a team responsible for optimization, configuration, and utilization of the offices to create cost efficiency. They will accomplish this by working with the tool CISCO DNA Spaces to identify the locations of WAPS (Wireless Access Points) in the existing offices, add the WAPS to the electrical floor plans within CISCO Prime or DNA Center. This team will use this data to understand the utilization of the current spaces for future determination of needed use and ultimately create cost efficiency. The network engineer will design, implement, and support of enterprise WAN and LAN networks. This is a fully remote role.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems preferred or relevant technical training or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of Data Networking background.
- 5 years experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Understanding and knowledge of WAN technologies with emphasis on MPLS.
- Experience implementing and supporting OSPF and BGP routing protocols.
- Experience in the implementation and support of large campus and Data Center Networks.
- Understanding and knowledge of Cisco's Nexus switching platform.
- Strong understanding of Spanning Tree, VLANs, and TCP, IP.
- Experience supporting Quality of Service (QOS).
- Experience troubleshooting complex LAN and WAN issues.
- Past experience with large network migrations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Able to be a self-started and work independently.
- A strong team player with experience working in multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness and availability to work after normal business hours and willing to travel as necessary.
2-3 years’ experience with the following Cisco products.
- CISCO DNA Spaces
- CISCO Prime
- DNA Center
- Familiarity working within IOS