- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN
- Other Location
This is a well-rounded accounting role, reporting to the accounting manager that will give great exposure to an entry level to mid-level accounting professional. The role will entail assisting with AP/AR process, journal entries, reconciliations, general ledger research, chart of accounts maintenance and reporting. The staff accountant will ensure accuracy and timely submission of transactions as well as resolution of discrepancies. This role is hybrid and allows someone direct mentorship in the office 3 days per week.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Analyze large amounts of data from various sources and organize the data by creating and updating complex spreadsheets.
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Participate in managing A/P, A/R, invoicing, and cash management.
- Assist in yearly audit and tax preparation.
- Develop and prepare routine ad-hoc reports as necessary.
- Assist with the development, implementation of, and monitoring adherence to company accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- One (1) to two (2) years’ progressive work experience in accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Has a positive can-do attitude as well as a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from senior team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build internal relationships.