Oracle DBA (Remote)
- Job Title
- Oracle DBA (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Morris Plains, NJ
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for an Oracle DBA in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Review of SQL and PL/SQL code to identify performance issues, in-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL is a must.
- Provide consultation to Application Development teams on SQL and PL/SQL best practices.
- Extensive experience leading troubleshooting calls with various infrastructure and application teams.
- Efficiently work with Oracle vendor to find root cause for complex database issues.
- In-Depth knowledge of Oracle wait events to troubleshoot complex performance issues is a must.
- In-depth knowledge in Linux and storage internals that influence database activity is a must.
- Install and manage Oracle Database Software, build databases per requirements and standards, and set up database backups.
- Install and manage Oracle ClusterWare and troubleshoot issues with ClusterWare processes.
- Experience with database migrations, export/import and transportable tablespaces.
- Proficient with restoring and recovering of oracle databases using RMAN is required, must be able to restore databases from block corruptions and logical corruptions, and recover the database to Point-In-Time.
- Apply Quarterly Patches to Database, Standalone Grid Infrastructure, and ClusterWare and troubleshoot any issues with patching (requires good understanding of the oracle internal processes).
- Setup and Manage Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Infrastructure, and setup monitoring using OEM for database environments.
- Automation of routine database operations using Ansible, with broad understanding of CI/CD tools.
- Participate in 24*7 On-call support to resolve Incident tickets and be responsible for database
- 8+ years of relevant experience and knowledge of Oracle database administration with oracle 11g, 12c, 19c, Oracle RAC, dataguard, goldengate and ASM in Linux is required.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Automation tools and technologies like Ansible, GitHub, and similar CI/CD technologies.
- Knowledge in AWS and Python is a plus
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise-wide
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Development experience with one or more modern scripting/automation languages (Ansible, Python, etc.) - preferred