IT Infrastructure Manager (On-site)
- Job Title
- IT Infrastructure Manager (On-site)
- Job ID
- Livonia, MI 48150
- Other Location
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, Operations, and Cloud Computing (IO&C), The role of IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for managing, maintaining, and optimizing the company’s information technology assets and investments. The position holder leads projects related to IT infrastructure. The role has responsibility for optimizing IT infrastructure performance and the administration thereof. This role actively supports and makes recommendations for corporate IT infrastructure strategy by ensuring the optimization of the infrastructure resources in coordination with other departments and in alignment with the company growth strategy. This position will be managing a small team of 5-8 employees and possibly contractors at times.
- Effectively manages people by building a high-quality working relationship and providing a blend of support, development and performance management that enables individuals to work at their best.
- Plan and organize workloads and staff assignments; Review progress, and direct changes in priorities, schedules, procedures to meet deadlines. Motivate staff by setting and achieving challenging goals; demonstrate persistence in overcoming obstacles.
- Provide outage leadership with crisp, clear communication to stakeholders, vendors, and executive management.
- Direct involvement in incidents or problems (irrespective of priority) that cause service impact and acts as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner.
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and administration of IT infrastructure systems, including network infrastructure, servers, storage, databases, desktops / laptops, and peripherals to achieve availability, performance, and security objectives.
- Hands-on technical depth enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Manage vendor relationships, service level attainment and drive all providers to high levels of quality delivery based on company requirements.
- Planning, project management and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Remain current and conduct research on emerging services and technologies available in support of the overall Infrastructure and systems development efforts. Recommend new services and technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Manage project implementations across Infrastructure specifically developing standards for migration and impacts into production whether internal or vendor supported environments.
- Ensure documentation of the company’s existing services with vendors, partners and internal team are up to date and maintained.
- Leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations and KPI compliance.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or other computer related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience supervising personnel.
- IT Infrastructure management experience leading service delivery, developing technical solutions and staff development and objectives.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Systems Administration and Network Administration.
- Minimum Four (4) years of experience working with state-of-the-art, robust infrastructures, and using best practices to design, deploy, and maintain both on premise and cloud-based systems.
- Two (2) years or more of experience administering a Microsoft Office 365 tenant account, including Exchange on-line and Azure AD.
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and related technologies, Cisco-based network communications technology, High availability and disaster recovery architecture, communication, and related technologies.
- Experience supporting a global infrastructure across multiple international offices.
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory (Design, Security and Administration)
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Good understanding of IT security and Data protection.
- Exposure to ITIL concepts and adoption.
- Manage on-call or availability for 24x7 for emergency support situations.