Careers at FiberLight
Carrier Access Manager
- Job Title
- Carrier Access Manager
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Other Location
Responsible for managing relationships with specific carrier access providers/vendors. These relationships include Fiber Network Providers and Colocation Providers. The Carrier Access Manager will serve as a point of contact for securing cost-effective solutions between FiberLight and its vendors. The Carrier Access Manager will work closely with operations, engineering, and product to determine areas of improvement and assist with financial P&L at a market level. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify and manage network related expenses that can be reduced or eliminated.
- Participate with ILEC/CLEC vendor management as it pertains to developing and managing SLA/NDA’s and performance reporting.
- Coordinate and manage internal systems and databases to support the proper billing, forecasting, and vendor relationships to stay within contract obligations.
- Responsible for quoting and ordering Type 2 circuits/dark fiber.
- Responsible for quoting, ordering and implementation tracking of colocation projects.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in telecommunications
- BA, BS Business/Marketing/Management or equivalent industry experience
- Very strong interpersonal, organizational and especially communications skills.
- Proficient with PCs, Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Salesforce, mapping software such as ESRI or Google maps
- Knowledge of basic fiber optic networking technology.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and systems.
- Knowledge of carrier and wholesale telecommunications market and service providers and ability to develop sales relationships therein.
- Professional image and demeanor
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach.
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English.
- Must have visual acuity.