Registrar - PRN Days Cypress
- Job Title
- Registrar - PRN Days Cypress
- Job ID
- Cypress, TX 77429
- Other Location
The Front Office Registrar position is one of the most important functions at America’s ER and the first point of contact with patients in the facility and by telephone. The Registrar will work collaboratively with the Medical Staff to ensure each patient is given the highest level of customer service. Registrars will courteously and professionally greet patients as they arrive to the facility, register them into the system, and provide secondary support to all facility personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists patients and family members, either by phone or in person, with inquiries regarding services provided by America’s ER.
- Greets all patients, family members, and vendors in a pleasant and professional manner consistent with America’s ER established standards.
- Registers patients into the EMR, verifies insurance and collects payments, copayments and coinsurance associated with the patient’s plan of care.
- Employees of America’s ER are expected to check their company email often. Email is the primary means of communication within the facility and administration.
- Registrars are expected to stand when they greet people coming in the front door. Maintaining eye contact, smiling, and speaking in a clear and respectful voice elicits a sense of professionalism and sets the tone for their experience at America’s ER.
- Punctuality and Professional appearance are of utmost importance to this role. Registrars are expected to present to their station on time and dressed in the attire approved for the position as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Registrars will, at times, come in direct contact will patients that may be ill. Registrars are expected to comply with all Employee Health requirements as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- The Full Time Registrar will be scheduled to work a minimum of three (3) 12-hour shifts 36 hours per week. The PRN Registrar is expected to give at minimum four (4) availability dates per month and two (2) dates of the month must be for a weekend shift.
- Full time Registrars are required to work two major and two minor holidays.
- PRN Registrars are required to work one major holiday and one minor holiday.
- Full time Registrars are to assist in the completion and sending of Daily Logs and Patient Leaving Logs.
- Minimum 1-year customer service experience, Emergency Room experience preferred.
- BLS certification
- Basic knowledge regarding insurance plan configurations in respect to copayments and coinsurance.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Mild to moderate noise levels.
- At times, the Registrar may be required to stand, kneel, reach above and/or below the waist, push and pull up to twenty pounds.
- This position is heavy in computer usage which means employees will be typing and sitting the majority of the shift.
- If needed, the Registrar may be required to perform/assist with CPR.