CT Technologist -PRN Nights Cypress
- Job Title
- CT Technologist -PRN Nights Cypress
- Job ID
- Cypress, TX 77429
- Other Location
The CT/Radiologic Technologist performs computed tomography procedures (CT), routine diagnostic x-rays and portable x-rays as ordered to assist in the diagnosis of disease or injury or the correction thereof. The CT/Radiologic Technologist is an integral part of the America’s ER team, and is expected to assist with and perform various functions other than those in a traditional Radiology/CT setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all radiologic examinations as ordered by the Physician, utilizing proper technique, standards of practice, and approved protocols.
- Assist the Registered Nurse and Physician with performing basic patient care tasks and obtains and performs laboratory testing.
- Employees of America’s ER are expected to check their company email often. Email is the primary means of communication within the facility and administration.
- CT/Radiologic Technologists are expected to greet patients and their family members when meeting them in a courteous and respectful manner. Maintaining eye contact, smiling, and speaking in a clear and respectful voice elicits a sense of professionalism and sets the tone for their experience at America’s ER.
- Punctuality and Professional appearance are of utmost importance to this role. CT/Radiologic Technologists are expected to present to their station on time and dressed in the attire approved for the position as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- CT/Radiologic Technologists will, at times, come in direct contact will patients that may be ill. CT/Radiologic Technologists are expected to comply with all Employee Health requirements as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- The Full Time CT/Radiologic Technologist will be scheduled to work a minimum of three 12-hour shifts or 36 hours per week. The FT CT/Radiologic Technologist must give availability for four weekend shifts a month. FT CT/Radiologic Technologists are required to work two major and two minor holidays.
- The PRN CT/Radiologic Technologist is expected to give at minimum four availability dates per month and two dates of the month must be for a weekend shift. PRN CT/Radiologic Technologists are required to work one major holiday and one minor holiday.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Maintain records, which demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and document all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Follow the Laboratory’s policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify the Facility Nurse Manager/Director of Radiology.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Radiology. Minimum 3 years experience with CT consistent with the types of studies that may be ordered in an Emergency Room.
- BLS certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology, AAS preferred.
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT in Computed Tomography (CT).
- Current Certification with the Texas Medical Board.
- Maintain all credentials and continuing education requirements.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Mild to moderate noise levels.
- At times, employee may be required to stand, sit, run, kneel, reach above and/or below the waist, push and pull not limited to 100 pounds.