- Job Title
- Maintenance Manager
- Job ID
We are working with one of the top three cheese producers in the country and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. With their countrywide footprint and both national and international distribution networks, they bring their best to their customers and have plenty of opportunities for their employees to grow in their own way.
We are seeking a Maintenance Manager to provide leadership and direction to plant maintenance function for a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. This person carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable guidelines. May directly supervise employees or supervise through others.
Location: Delhi, NY
- Collaborates with the plant engineer and plant management team to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness by utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Manages the maintenance and technical needs for the facility
- Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance
- Effectively supervises the maintenance inventory clerk as it relates to purchasing of parts and part inventory to ensure budgets are adhered to and the plant is adequately stocked with the appropriate levels of parts, supplies and maintenance consumables
- Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to increase overall equipment effectiveness.
- Remains current with the latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation
- Shares and implements “best practices” within the Maintenance Department and partners with other departments to ensure plant operations are performing at acceptable performance standards
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring effective planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Provides effective management of employees directly or indirectly through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, industrial mechanical or related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive management experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Safety Practices and 5S systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer-based applications
- Union experience preferred where collective bargaining exists
- Ability to follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, motivate and retain a team of employees