Mechanical Engineer - HVAC Design
- Job Title
- Mechanical Engineer - HVAC Design
- Job ID
- Cleveland, OH 44102
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high-quality, competitive, and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate partners.
Our Client's Company Profile: Our client is committed to helping their customers develop and maintain sustainable, high-performance buildings that operate with the lowest possible life-cycle costs for decades.
Position Summary: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the organization, research, and documentation of cross-departmental assignments supporting the continued growth and operations of Pure Air Control Services.
- Supports the Building Sciences and Building Remediation Sciences division(s) with mechanical engineering research, consultation, operations policy generation, and quality issues.
- This individual shall take on client-facing roles
- Lead the project team throughout the design process of HVAC restoration e.g HVAC New Life, adapting mechanical plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Prepare layouts and detail drawings for building HVAC ductwork, air distribution outlets, and mechanical upgrades.
- Prepare documents and calculations for the LEED certification process.
- Verify and validate aspects of system redesigns to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Perform HVAC load calculations.
- Be proficient with Building, Energy & Mechanical codes.
- Experience with mechanical equipment submittals and the ability to approve them for production.
- Perform contract administration duties of site visits, submittal review, and subcontractor assistance.
- Review mechanical equipment vendor drawings, data interface with suppliers, clients other engineering disciplines, detailers, designers.
- Quality review production drawings for a variety of projects and project-related data as required by the project managers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD-related software.
- Ability to coordinate with multi-disciplined teams including sales personnel and field team to develop a scope of work.
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities.
- Become an expert in the technical aspects of all Pure Air Control Services’ departments and divisions.
- Evaluate current processes and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Write and develop in-house training materials supporting the staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10+ years experience working on HVAC design.
- EIT desired, PE a plus; or able to obtain license within 24 months.
- Demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems knowledge/experience.
- Skilled Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be well organized and possess superior management abilities to support several projects simultaneously.
- Must be highly computer/network literate and have strong technical writing skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed yet a team player.
- Knowledge of ERP systems is a plus (Procore).
- Travel is required for this position.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside.