FT Registrar - Days - Midshift (8am-8pm)
- Job Title
- FT Registrar - Days - Midshift (8am-8pm)
- Job ID
- Cypress, TX
- Other Location
Location: America’s ER Medical Center – Magnolia, TX, United States
Type: Full Time (Weekdays & Weekends)
America’s ER’s primary mission is to provide our patients in the communities we serve increased access to routine, urgent and emergency healthcare services at a conveniently located, state of the art facility within a compassionate, genuine, and customer-centric environment.
Our secondary mission is to provide our team members a rewarding and purposeful career where professionalism, comradery, interpersonal skills, and work product excellence can be developed and freely practiced within a team-oriented environment.
We value your contributions, excellence, and hard work. Our employee recognition programs such as “I saw your HAERT” and others, encourage our teams to raise the bar by using the guidelines of Hospitality, Acts with Integrity, Exceptional Care, Respect and Takes Time to Listen to improve the lives of those in need and in ourselves. Come be part of the excitement and see how working with other like-minded professionals is changing the delivery of medical care in your community.
Benefits we offer:
Health/Vision/Dental Insurance w/ HSA or FSA plan options and 24/7 telemedicine options
Life/AD&D Insurance (employer paid and additional plan purchase options)
STD/LTD (employer paid)
Perks at Work Discounts (include various areas)
The Registrar position is the first and last point of contact for our patients and often sets the tone for the entire patient experience, regardless what occurs in the clinical setting. Each team member will be responsible for greeting patients/visitors upon arrival in a professional manner, demonstrating exemplary customer service and compassion, and accurately registering patients by gathering and inputting required patient information such as identification, demographic and insurance information. Responsibilities also include verifying insurance, presenting “cash-pay” options to un-insured patients, and participating in our Patient Liaison program where you will discuss co-pays, insurance status, and treatment department with patients. In addition, you will be required to communicate effectively and efficiently with the clinical team in both emergency situations and routine protocol-driven communication between clinical and registration staff and most importantly communicating insurance co-pays, amounts owed, and typical discharge information with patients in a professional and courteous manner. Other job functions include answering phone calls, completing medical record requests, and attending regular staff meetings with your direct department leads and director.
· One (1) year experience as a Registrar in either hospital or free-standing ER, which also includes customer service experience.
· Ability to multi-task
· Proficiency in typing/keyboarding skills, computer skills w/ knowledge in Microsoft Word/Excel programs
· BLS certification
· Basic knowledge regarding insurance plan configurations in respect to copayments and coinsurance.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Mild to moderate noise levels.
· At times, the Registrar may be required to stand, kneel, reach above and/or below the waist, push and pull up to twenty pounds.
· This position is heavy in computer usage which means employees will be typing and sitting most of the shift.
· If needed, the Registrar may be required to perform/assist with CPR.