Senior Network Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Network Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Meijer is seeking a . Leads or participates in implementation of related architectures, the identification and selection of requirements and new technologies.
The is responsible for all levels of engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated strategic direction and leading design, development and analysis activities, as well as, ensuring decisions are made as a team across ITS, business, and vendor stakeholders.
- Lead or assist in designs for assigned technologies based on direction set by strategy, architecture and customers.
- Implement identified solutions, making suggestions to ensuring a cost-effective and efficient infrastructure environment to provide the resources essential to enterprise operations.
- Lead or assist in the implementation of test plans including functionality, integrity and stress testing.
- Lead and/or participate in IT projects intended to continually improve the IT infrastructure such as establishing requirements and evaluation of new solutions required to meet a business needs or make more cost effective.
- Address large service issues/events engaging all resources needed to work through collaboratively identifying root causes and establish work-arounds to restore service.
- Develop a working knowledge of Meijer specific network, voice, and security architecture.
- Acts as internal consultant to other ITS and business customers on applicable technologies.
- Works on multiple technical projects with responsibility to develop and maintain comprehensive project plans/schedules and use these to provide management with accurate and complete status information.
- Performs activities in accordance with standards, guidelines and processes.
- Mentors junior team members on same or other teams as appropriate.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's or equivalent required.
- Multiple certifications related to assigned area(s) of technology a plus.
- Experience in multi-platform environments.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Solid understanding of the enterprise business and business processes; awareness of business unit functions and cross-group
- Broad range of telecommunications and network knowledge is desired, including from among the following: Telecommunications: PBX, voice mail, VOIP, unified and peripheral devices; Network: Routers, MPLS, and wireless.
- Required Skills
Remote and Hybrid Work Schedules Available - Must live within the Meijer footprint [Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky] Or, be willing to relocate (relocation assistance available).