Associate Trauma Specialist
- Job Title
- Associate Trauma Specialist
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48217
- Other Location
About NexGoal: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high-quality, competitive, and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate clients.
Our Client’s Location: Detroit, MI
Our Client’s Company Profile: Our client moves with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them. Their world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. They are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait.
Position Summary: As a Fast Track Associate Sales Representative, you will deliver value to healthcare professionals by understanding their clinical and business needs and creating unique solutions in order to grow market share and revenue in your assigned territory. This is a developmental role based on performance where you will have the opportunity to move into a full sales position in approximately 12 ‐18 months depending on your performance and the availability of positions. In this role, you will acquire an in‐depth understanding of our client's products, complex orthopedic procedures, and how they deliver superior technology to meet customer needs.
- Completing an extensive training program to learn the anatomy, procedural treatments, trauma repair products, and effective surgical sales techniques
- Partnering with Surgeons in and out of surgery, building relationships with them, learning their needs, and demonstrating the value of our products
- Becoming a technical product expert and advising highly skilled surgeons during surgery on proper product selection and implantation methods based on individual patient requirements. You will also work to bring value to healthcare professionals such as Operating Room Directors, Central Supply Coordinators, Materials Managers and others who will have an impact on your business
- Conducting sales calls to promote, sell, and service our Medical products and services to existing and competitive customers based on a strategic plan
- Assisting the Trauma Territory Manager on field calls for assigned geography and addressing problems that arise on the account
- Performing field ride along with the Area Director and Trauma Territory Manager on a regular basis
- Developing and increasing customer base and continually enhancing our product market share within assigned territory
- Providing feedback on topics such as product development opportunities, new target accounts, sales performance, and market feedback
- Maintaining conduct that is aligned with company quality policy and procedures, and protects confidentiality with proprietary information
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and upholding the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of our company
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business
- Exemplary ability to communicate, listen, and influence
- Ability to travel as necessary, which may include nights and/or weekends
- Strong understanding of spinal anatomy
- Ability to make sales presentations with positive results
- Strong computer skills – MS Office
- Manual dexterity is essential
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: By submitting your application, you agree to be automatically subscribed to NexGoal's e-newsletter, providing weekly Career Advice articles and Job Board updates. NexGoal will not share your email address with any third parties. You will be free to unsubscribe at any time.