BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Requirement ID
- Charleston, SC
- Other Location
Job title Staff Accountant in Charleston, SC; (Hybrid 3 in 2 out) Reports to Controller
The Accountant III is responsible for performing accounting and financial operations in support of Metronome, LLC. The ideal candidate is an expert with Quickbooks accounting software, has a firm understanding of DCAA compliance, and will adhere to Metronome’s Accounting policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform the activities of the Billing and Accounts Receivable function to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
- Perform the activities of the Payroll and Accounts Payable functions to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payrolls, accounts payable, purchase orders and employee expense reports.
- Reconcile GL accounts including deferred revenues
- Identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and anomalies.
- Assist with timely and accurate financial closing and reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual basis)
- Prepare accurate monthly financial reports to include balance sheet and profit and loss statement. (Year to Date, Year over Year).
- Setup of new Projects and Tasks (items) within Quickbooks based upon contractual funding structure
- Assist with tax planning and compliance.
- Coordinate and support statutory filings with state agencies (property taxes, business licenses, sales and gross receipt taxes).
- Performs additional tasks or duties, as assigned by the executive management team.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Highly proficient with Quickbooks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of and ability to perform General Leger Accounting
- Adept at Invoicing
- Ability to successfully execute Expense Reimbursements
- Project Setup expertise
- Embody our culture and values in all interactions
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- A friendly, fun, open-minded attitude
- 4+ Years of demonstrated experience in Accounting
- 2+ Years of Accounting experience within the Government sector
- Experience applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and federal cost principles
- Experience applying DCAA accounting and financial compliance
- Experience developing Indirect Rates, Pools and Bases, and properly allocating cost
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably a financial degree)
- Familiar with Cost Account Standards, DCAA and FAR
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear as well as stand for extended periods and sit for extended periods.
- Required Skills