Careers at FiberLight
NOC Engineer II
- Job Title
- NOC Engineer II
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Other Location
- Remote - Nationwide
The NOC Engineer II position is responsible for applying knowledge of the network and networking protocols along with excellent communication skills in order to perform in-depth troubleshooting of all issues that arise. The primary function is to perform escalated network repair, execute tactical projects, and own overall network troubleshooting once alerted by the monitoring tool.
Essential Job Functions
· Continuous monitoring and management of the customer networks to ensure alarm receipt and processing procedures are followed
· Generating and processing tickets for technical support and service
· Identifying alarms, raising requests and performing basic diagnostics of the problem, and dispatching as required to the appropriate Carriers or field service technician.
· Technical proficiency with Layer 1, 2 and 3 networking.
· Updating and maintaining all database and circuit records.
· Conducting detailed MOP reviews to ensure minimal customer impact during scheduled maintenances
· Understanding, applying and maintaining network standards as documented by Architecture & Engineering
· Performing these responsibilities in a high pressure, short timeline environment, which includes managing and responding to aggressive customers.
· Minimum 3 years of NOC and / or Network Engineering experience required.
· Telecommunications (or related field) experience preferred
· Ability to work from home independently in a distraction free environment during business hours / shift.
· Ability to commute / travel to regional or corporate office when required.
· Understanding of Linear and Ring topologies
· Understanding of Ethernet and Routed Networks
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Good troubleshooting skills and methodologies.
· Ability to identify risks/issues and develop recommendations for resolution.
· Shift work flexibility
· Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
· Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
· Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
· Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
· Must have visual acuity
· Must be able to lift 0-25 pounds