Meijer Gas Station Associate
- Job Title
- Meijer Gas Station Associate
- Job ID
- Traverse City, MI 49684
- Other Location
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
As a Gas Station Team Member, you will be responsible for providing the customer with a remarkable shopping experience by offering fast and friendly service in our gas station. Providing a prompt, efficient, and courteous customer experience by responding and resolving customer requests and concerns. Assist customers with purchases of fuel transactions and operating cash register. Restocking merchandise on the floor, in coolers and perform job duties as assigned.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
CURRENT OR PREVIOUS GAS STATION OR CONVENIENCE STORE EXPERIENCE A PLUS
• Weekly Pay
• Flexible Schedules
• Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Plan Coverage
• Meijer 401 (k) Retirement Plan
• Paid Days Off & Holiday Pay
• Team Member Discount
• Educational Assistance (up to $5,250)
• Leadership Development Training Opportunitiesandising.
What You'll be Doing:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possessing a sense of urgency and comfort level to be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Building rapport with customers.
- Displaying a friendly and outgoing attitude that is shown through good eye contact and body language.
- Providing assistance by responding to customer questions in an effective and efficient manner.
- Stocking product and maintaining product displays according to merchandising standard.
- This position is applicable to the following departments: Gas Station, Service Department
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Adequate knowledge of computer systems and comfortable using them.
- Process driven and able to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend and twist while handling product.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
- Required Skills
Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
Desire to work with customers.
Previous retail or customer experience preferred but not required.
Good verbal communication skills.
Detail oriented and organized.
Friendly outgoing attitude.
Ability to operate cashier register system.