YCC - RN - (2nd Shift) - Part Time
- Job Title
- YCC - RN - (2nd Shift) - Part Time
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Part Time
- Jacksonville, FL 32216
- Other Location
As a nationally recognized Agency, serving youth and families since 1974. Our mission is to build healthier communities by empowering young people and families to rise above adversity.
Provide medical services when needed for crisis intervention, staff consultation, and medicine administration.
- Knowledge of medical treatment and illness of at risk youth.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, models, and procedures for counseling of physical/mental/emotional/behavioral dysfunctions.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for medical instruction for individual purposes.
- Knowledge of nursing ethics.
- Giving full attention to what people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, actively looking for ways to help at risk youth.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problems – solving and decision – making.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems shoveling with at risk youth and families and problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Occupation specific tasks and the most important generalized work activities are listed for Nurse:
- Administer medications to clients in the shelter program following guidelines per Florida Network and DJJ standards.
- Provide episodic and emergency care while on site.
- Provide training to YCC Residential Staff on (a) distribute medications, (b) the effects of the medications, and (c) dealing effectively with youth reluctant to take needed medication.
- Conduct nursing assessments as indicated by intake documentation.
- Develop a nursing care plan for youth with medical conditions. Plans shall include all known medical and dental appointments, current medications, and names of youths’ community practitioners.
- Review and evaluate all medical CCC incidents pertaining to RN’s shelter. Make recommendations about corrective action to be taken to correct deficiencies and address issues in response to these incidents.
- Evaluate CCC reporting information and data collected through the Care Fusion Knowledge Portal to identify emerging medical concerns and trends.
- Responsible for documenting all youth interactions regarding nursing interventions. This includes health education, and first aid and emergency/episodic care.
- Complete all required documentation around medication administration in the client’s file.
- Provide health education for youth and parents/guardians on specific medications and chronic and acute health conditions to youth. Subject matter includes wellness with fitness, nutrition, and positive coping skills. .
- Evaluate clients for common cold and flu symptoms, possible injuries, and other medical concerns, such as sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy.
- Provide orientation to new clients admitted as it relates to their medical needs while in our care.
- Medication management process- RN is responsible for the oversight and management of medication distribution, secure storage, and accountability of medications.
- *** This includes but not limited to:
- administration of medication when on-site,
- ensuring staff are trained in medication distribution,
- verification of medications brought to the shelter,
- management of the Pyxis medication storage system,
- reviewing the Medication Distribution Logs daily,
- re-ordering OTC’s and medication supplies,
- monitoring medication side effects, and
- conducting root-cause analysis of medication errors.
- Consult with staff as to medical concerns clients present.
- Connect with client’s family and legal guardians, as needed, to encourage them to bring the client’s medication to the shelter.
- Provide health-related training to staff on a monthly basis in order to educate them on symptoms of common illnesses seen by clients in the program.
- Responsible for completion of personal training objectives within established timeframes.
- All other duties as assigned
- Required Skills
Registered Nurse with six (6) months related experience working in a mental health/residential facility with at-risk youth with various mental health and other medical issues.
Must be continuously licensed, certified, or registered, as required by law, rule, policy, and the Department of Health in the State of Florida, as a Registered Nurse.
RN must have an active and clear Florida license in accordance with chapter 464, F.S.