BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Mid-Level Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Mid-Level Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
Title: Mid-Level Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: The individual will be assigned as a Systems Engineer in support of the Other Customer Funds (OCF) group of PEO C4I, PMW 160. The individual will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic analysis in support of CANES-based design and installation on board MSC platforms with a focus on T-EPF. The individual will provide strong systems engineering, information technology, and cybersecurity knowledge, developing solutions and implementing enhancements across applications and hardware. The individual will help manage the Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) process, working with program managers, systems engineers, and configuration managers to ensure adherence to NAWAR installation guidance.
The individual will also represent PMW 160 interests and liaison between PEO C4I and numerous other internal and external stakeholders concerning PEO C4I policies, network design, configuration and certification, installation and integration challenges, and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Configuration Management processes of system-wide documentation, as well as understanding hardware/software engineering changes across the system.
- Evaluate impacts of hardware/software designs and updates on application performance and make recommendations for improvements or resolution.
- Propose enhancements to improve efficiency, effectiveness, supportability, and sustainability.
- Perform pre-delivery analysis and develop cost, schedule, and scope for subsequent engineering efforts throughout the ECR and SETR processes to facilitate comprehensive and effectual OCF platform considerations in all process milestones and decision gates. Analyses will cover areas such as complete CANES-based documentation review for change impacts and update identification, all ECR/SETR related documentation reviews for accuracy and completeness.
- Review GFI to include Installation Requirements Drawings (IRD), Technical Data Packages (TDP), and all acquisition and systems engineering documentation
- Technical baseline management and event based technical reviews with CANES Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other solution owners, and Lead Systems Integrators.
- Assist Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF) efforts
- Assist in installation planning and additional collaboration across all logistical/program stakeholders as HW/SW is fielded through SOVT completion and acceptance.
- Provide ILS coordination and validation support in the delivery of GFI and subsequent installation planning including the management of coordination through meetings and other communication/collaboration mechanisms driving maximum transparency and clarity of the efforts.
- 6+ years supporting experience supporting the engineering of IT systems for a DoD or Government agency
- 3+ years of tactical afloat network engineering (CANES/AI engineering experience is a plus)
- 3+ years of Navy Systems Command, Acquisition/Integration Program Office experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physical Science
- Understanding of the System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) process
- Advanced understanding of ship and shore-based Navy Communications and Network Infrastructure systems
- Experience with the installation of Navy Networks on new construction Navy afloat platforms
- Secret clearance required
- IT Security certifications are desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Project is desired
- ~10-15% travel required
- Bachelor’s degree
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills