Join our team; help us make everything connect.
Alcatel Lucent Enterprise has operations in over 50 countries, providing world-class network, cloud, and communications solutions for customers in in a wide range of industries including retail, manufacturing, governments, education, healthcare, and hospitality. Read more about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise.
Our 2100 strong team of employees is growing, with career opportunities in many fields and locations worldwide.
We offer development programs to broaden your skills, a friendly working environment and excellent employee benefits, while you contribute your valuable previous experience to enrich our presence in various continents.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Network Solutions Architect
- Job Title
- Network Solutions Architect
- Requisition ID
- Philadephia, PA 19019
- Other Location
Join a key player in digital innovation!
Alcatel – Lucent Enterprise (ALE) provides digital-age networking, communications and cloud solutions with services tailored to ensure customers’ success, with flexible business models in the cloud, on premises, and hybrid. ALE is a trusted advisor to more than a million customers all over the world, located in over 35 countries. Learn more about us on https://www.al-enterprise.com/en/company/about-us
What is my role?Would you like to help customers design the most cutting-edge innovative solutions? Do you want to play a pivotal role shaping and executing on ALE’s networking vision and strategy?
ALE is looking for a Network Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing networking business. This is an amazing opportunity to acquire new skills and launch your career on a trajectory of success.
As a Network Solutions Architect, you apply your top-notch architecture expertise and thought leadership to the most exciting projects. Through the depth and breadth of your technical knowledge and your first-class consultative skills, you build solid relationships with your customer counterparts and become their trusted advisor.
You work closely with our world-class sales specialists and product teams to develop sales opportunities into successful deployments. You will be able to think strategically about technical, product and business challenges and capable of articulating your solution into compelling proposals and value propositions.
You will lead initiatives to capture best practices learnt from your experience, and to share them with ALE’s technical community. You will get the chance to learn from and collaborate with multiple teams including product, architecture, marketing, R&D and more.
What am I responsible for?
- You will conduct presentations, demonstrations, workshops and whiteboard architecture review sessions.
- You will design and propose ALE’s Campus, Data Centre and Cloud networking solutions.
- You will perform tests to validate proof-of-concepts, integrations and designs.
- You will work with partners to respond to RFPs/RFQs/RFIs
- You will develop design guidelines and architectural blueprints.
- You will create technical value propositions.
- You will produce and deliver Sales Engineer and customer training.
- You will collaborate with product, engineering and business-line managers on use-case development, roadmap evolution and provide feedback on customer requirements.
Am I the right person for this position?Do you define yourself as someone with both technical and customer-facing skills? Are you looking for a job where you could be ALE’s architecture guru to customers and partners?
With a minimum of 5+ years of experience in network architecture, you possess the following:
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- ACSE or equivalent industry certifications (e.g. CCIE, JNCIE, ACDX).
- Experience as a Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Presales or Consulting Engineer.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Good understanding of competitor and ecosystem landscape.
- Solid knowledge in Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, EVPN, SDN, multicast.
- Software and Automation skills: Linux, Python, APIs, Ansible.
- Enterprise Solutions: Microsoft Active Directory, VmWare.
- Cybersecurity: Firewalls, IP/IDS, NAC, etc.
- IoT technologies: Zigbee, LoraWan, BLE.
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Technical paper writing.
If you recognize yourself in this description, this job is for you!
If this is not the role for you, check out our career site for other opportunities: https://www.al-enterprise.com/en/company/about-us/careers
Why ALE?At ALE, we provide a flexible work environment which grants a work-life balance where you can work from home if needed.
As a multicultural and international company, we encourage new ideas, and we provide continuous learning opportunities. Through our 3 values: Speed & Agility, Customer Centricity and Reliability, we want to bring you exciting projects in a work environment combining entrepreneurial spirit and international dimension.
As we are building the future, we want to create a better world. We have initiated different projects like GoGreen, ALE Impact and TogetHer to take our corporate social responsibilities and we do this with pride and love. Read more on : https://www.al-enterprise.com/en/company/about-us/csr