- Job Title
- Release Manager
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: The Release Manager is the major liaison between application development and production for release management control. This person is responsible for the cross-technology domain release management, process design, optimization and policy. Release management oversees the process by which the production environment is updated, upgraded and maintained.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Required Years of Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development with proven release responsibilities
- Develop, audit, monitor and enforce established release management processes and policies in support of cross-domain configuration integration, testing, completeness, and consistency
- Provide support to domain-specific release management resources in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinate release program activities and functions as a subject matter expert in release management, ensuring production readiness in a timely fashion
- Ensure alignment with third-party deployment expectations and processes, keeping development teams up-to-date on changes with schedule, processes, or policies
- Create and track the release improvement process to be applied across all domains and functions
- Responsible for release communication to stakeholders ensuring clear visibility and accountability for releases, to include Release Readiness Reviews, Milestones, Go/No-Go Decisions
- Work closely with project management to raise and mitigate release risks
- Experience with Atlassian tools to include JIRA and Confluence
- DevSecOps experience
- Familiarity with the Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with management and coordination of Release activities between multiple workstreams
- Experience with UAT and IOC coordination between the Development team and VA Stakeholders/Business Owners
- Prior release management experience
- Proficiency in application development release processes and tools
- Excellent analytical skills and troubleshoots metadata deployment errors
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively keep the team mindful of deadlines and requirements; clearly articulates what and why process steps are necessary
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to build and manage relationships effectively with clients, third-party partners and internal stakeholders
- Must be comfortable with MS Project and able to work closely with Project Managers and Planner/Scheduler to make assumptions and manage shifting schedules.
- Must be able to articulate and manage tasks, dependencies, task durations and risks in a timely manner.
- Prior experience with VA / US Government Agencies
- ITIL certification in release management
- Project management (PMP) certification