Corporate Employee Relations Services Specialist
- Job Title
- Corporate Employee Relations Services Specialist
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally
Corporate Employee Relations Services Specialist
We are currently seeking a Corporate Employee Relations Services Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for providing high level support to the Employee Relations team including assistance with drafting coaching and counseling documents, and manages employee exit administration, all aspects of the termination of employment process, and assigned employee programs and the Corporate HR intranet site.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Creates coaching scripts/talking points, oral and written counseling statements for the HR Specialist team. Attends ER Update meetings and identifies support opportunities.
- Manages employee exit processes and coordinates the compilation of all information necessary for termination of employment including resignation letter timesheets and final payroll check. Notifies all impacted departments of termination. Responds to questions from exiting employees post termination regarding final check, benefits, etc.
- Prepares and processes separation agreements and check requests once separation agreements have been signed and returned. Maintains a high volume in this area and coordinates with the Payroll department.
- Manages the employee exit interview process and log. Runs exit interviews received on a weekly basis and forwards to appropriate HR Specialist. Assists with responding to or following up with exiting employees.
- Acts as content owner, develops, maintains and posts Corporate Human Resource information on the Intranet. Develops Intranet site and adds information as approved. Revises guidelines as approved by upper management and publishes to the Intranet
- Manages the annual reminder to employees to update their emergency contact information.
- Provides weekly detailed headcount reports to management team. Also prepares and distributes month end reports to management team as it relates to headcount, terminations and EEO statistics.
- Administers the PTO bank program and hardship compensation program. Works in conjunction with the Payroll department during the year and at year-end for PTO payments, additions to the Hardship bank.
- Works with Technical Project Manager on various department initiatives such as the Corporate Culture Survey with various reports and survey activities; Everbridge Emergency System- trained to send out alerts and run reports post alert.
- Maintains the Employee Relations files. This includes file preparation, making labels, maintaining high volume of activity in this area. Also maintains the retention schedule for ER files. Works with the Managing Director to determine any files that need to kept for an exception. Scans records and/or pulls out relevant data in files to send to various team members involved in EEO, threatened litigation and investigations.
- Acts as back-up to EEO Manager and Director while they are out of office. Also supports the Managing Director through calendar access and other administrative support as needed. Assists and triages anything that comes up to the appropriate HR Specialist.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in Human Resources field is preferred.
- PHR is preferred.
- Principles, practices, and procedures of personnel administration including human resources and the legal aspects of maintaining employee personnel files.
- Basic knowledge of general business principles, practices, and procedures that include human resources and legal aspects of employment and hiring. Strong organization skills. Ability to type at 50 wpm. Knowledge and experience in working with Microsoft software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing with the ability to prepare and organize clear, concise, thorough and grammatically correct written reports, letters and memoranda.
- Ability to maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.