Manager, Learning & Development Services
- Job Title
- Manager, Learning & Development Services
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63141
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Middle Market is where challenge is fun, results are rewarding and we live our values. The Insperity Middle Market Solutions team is an exceptional group focused specifically on supporting our larger clients ranging in size from 150 to 5,000 employees. Part of our mission is to help our Middle Market clients become the best they can be by understanding their unique challenges and integrating relevant human capital/human resources solutions that accelerate their potential.
Manager, Learning & Development Services
We are currently seeking a Manager, Learning & Development Services to join our team.
This position is responsible for the growth and development of learning and development services by modeling the Middle Market Operations guiding principles to maximize the customer for life strategy. This position drives the selection, development and management of team members to provide an exceptional Middle Market client experience. Works closely with internal partners and clients to deliver best in class learning and development products, services and administrative structure to facilitate the positive impact the learning and development solutions and services have on the client experience and retention.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Attracts, develops and retains talent by ensuring that people with the right skills and motivations are on the Team to meet business and client needs. Evaluates and selects internal and external talent to ensure the best match between individuals and work requirements. Assesses staff development needs and ensure that individual development plans are actively managed and timely guidance and feedback is provided to team members.
- Works collaboratively with Client Service Teams, Strategic Consulting Services, Middle Market Sales and other stakeholders, to launch products and services that fulfill the vision of the company.
- Sets high standards for self and others, leading the implementation of activities related to delivering existing, and launching new learning and development products or services that support client needs via the learning and development team.
- Analyzes and applies industry data and trends to generate innovative ideas for launching new products and services to increase client impact and support retention.
- Works in concert with the team members to identify client learning and development impact metrics.
- Delegates projects, tasks and accountabilities to team members to ensure efficient execution of client solutions.
- Collaborates and consults with leadership to make key decisions that promote trust, unity, empowerment and productivity.
- Applies a systematic approach to design, improve, and execute efficient administrative and business processes to maximize available resources and opportunities. Communicates processes in a way that engages stakeholders to adhere to process guidelines.
- Guides knowledge management activity leveraging Middle Market tools and resources to support tracking of work efforts and impact to build team metrics; including, team and manager data entry and proposal/project development/tracking for all client work.
- Partners on vendor relationships with other area/business unit stakeholders related to the Learning and Development tools / resources.
- Plans and directs internal projects based on prioritized tasks, available resources, work schedules, and project milestones. Manages time, budget, and resources to meet objectives of the Learning and Development Services.
- Develops and implements measurement standards to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services using financial, employee productivity or other performance metrics to ensure consistency, profitability and high standards of excellence.
- Aligns and prioritizes training development efforts to ensure that the value perception of Insperity learning and development services have significant market value.
- Consults directly with clients, often in partnership and, as a liaison between subject matter experts, sales and service organizations to make appropriate service recommendations to address perceived and realized client needs.
- Ensures team activities are shared with internal key stakeholders and supporting / in alignment with client growth and development plans.
- Explores innovative ways to stay current with learning and development trends that will have the most client impact based on scale and capacity working in concert with strategic consulting services.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Training & Development, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, or equivalent degree or experience is required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Seven to ten years of prior client management experience, business consulting, or people management experience is required.
- Certified Performance Technologist (CPT), Project Management Professional (PMP) SPHR, or Human Capital Strategist (HCS) certification(s) preferred.
Travel is required up to 35% of the time
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, motivate employees, and create a positive working culture.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills to make decisions quickly and effectively.
- Skilled at mentoring and coaching team members.
- Work independently, be self-motivated and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible and open-minded to change.
- Strong interpersonal skills to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, vendors, partners and team members from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’re regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work.”
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.