- Job Title
- Technical Support
- Job ID
- NEWARK, NJ 07102-4540
- Other Location
Technical Support Engineer
You’re invited to join our client’s team of enthusiastic young professionals who are working together to create innovative technology solutions for their clients. Located in Newark, NJ, our client is a fast-growing, full-service company providing technical expertise to a wide range of clients. Their services include managed services, Internet hosting, application hosting, website development and desktop support, among others. They manage more than 1,000 desktops for small- to medium-size businesses.
Their office is located within walking distance from Newark Penn Station, Newark Broad Street Station, Washington Street Light Rail, and NJ Transit bus stops. They also cover 50 percent of parking costs at a nearby parking garage. Many lunch options are within walking distance. The office is also near the NJ Performing Arts Center and the Prudential Center.
Our client is seeking an immediate hire a Technical Support Engineer to lead their Help Desk team of four engineers. The team provides network and workstation support in a managed services environment for multiple clients domestically and in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitor and maintain computer systems
- Support Systems Administrator with any projects
- Efficiently work tickets via email and phone calls
- Provide basic level desktop/server support (creating users in AD, Office 365, resetting passwords, drive mapping etc.)
- Set up email accounts on Outlook
- Set up basic printer/scanner and troubleshoot
- Remediate Malware and virus
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure
- Troubleshoot basic laptop hardware issues
- Act as support for all computer related problems and escalates as necessary. Issues may range from basic application support (Windows, Office, Adobe) to specific application support
- Solve basic networking issues (inability to access network shares, unable to connect to internet)
- Update hardware inventory information through provided asset management software
- Assist with the onboarding and offboarding of staff (including setting up laptops, creating accounts, making backups, and deploying software)
- Deploy and maintain software installations
- Conduct periodic scheduled maintenance on staff laptops
- BSCS, BSIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years’ work experience in a help desk role
- Experience with Office 365 and Google G Suite
- Experience using ConnectWise Manage and Labtech Automate
- Experience Configuring and Supporting Microsoft InTune
- Experience in PowerShell Scripting and Automation
- Experience configuring Azure and Azure Networking
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written to a wide range of end-users
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple support tickets and work independently
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Must pass a background check
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or MCITP a plus
- ITIL Foundations certification a plus
Our client values its employees’ time and efforts and works to maintain the best possible environment where people can learn and grow with the company. It also strives to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere so that each person feels encouraged to contribute. The commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.