Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Associate Product Manager
- Job Title
- Associate Product Manager
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32935
- Other Location
Summary: The Associate Product Manager is a critical member of the development team and works closely with the Product Manager. This role entails two key areas of responsibility. One is to run the scrum ceremonies to ensure teams are efficiently executing to the right priorities and delivering to meet or exceed expectations. The second area of responsibility is in support of the Product Manager in a variety of capacities. This will include either direct or indirect responsibility for defining the product goals, developing roadmaps, identifying new opportunities, and managing the delivery of new products and features. Associate Product Managers should have a mastery of Agile and Scrum processes, and a background working on IT development projects. This role requires excellent communication skills, inclusive collaboration between teams and team members, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 2 years of scrum and leadership experience
- Will support research to understand capability within the VA and document scope for the development team (this is not a technical role so scope will be written in the form of what is needed)
- Collaborate with VA customers, and internal team members to define products that meet users expectations and needs;
- Help develop a resource plan, considering roadmaps, capacity needs;
- Collect and define project and program KPIS and OKRs to report to project leadership(s);
- Lead definition of use case implementation of new features and work cooperatively with UI Designers
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers, to ensure a successful, well communicated, high quality product release
- Develop, mentor, and coach an engineering team to build a strong development team, increase team effectiveness, and promote individual team member’s growth
- Create product roadmaps for features and releases
- Run the daily scrum ceremonies consistent with broader program
- Work with business owners to prioritize use cases for sprint teams on a sprint and quarterly basis
- Define, improve, and promote product and project and best practices
- Monitor industry trends for new opportunities and improvements
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum organization; Well versed in agile software development techniques, conference room pilots, prototyping
- Experience in Federal contracting
- Experience in Health IT
- Prior experience as a Software Product Owner
- Exceptional decision-making ability in a dynamic, aggressive environment
- High standards and results-orientation with a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience working with remote team members
- Ability to build, maintain, and inspire a team
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with system integration technologies, service-oriented architecture (SOA), web services, software design principles, tools and applications
- Excellent communication skills – written/verbal/presentation
- Strong attention to detail
- VA and/or Healthcare IT experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3 programs.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Prior technology leadership experience (i.e., Lead Architect, Lead Consultant, Manager, Director, Program Manager)
- 5+ years’ experience working with a customer
- Needs to demonstrate exceptional decision-making ability in a dynamic and an aggressive environment
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience with mentoring and training staff