Supply Chain Manager
- Job Title
- Supply Chain Manager
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug, skincare, wound care, and medical device developing and manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing, and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC. To see all of the opportunities currently available with Swiss-American CDMO, please follow this link in addition to exploring the opportunity that you have already selected below - www.swissamericancdmo.com/careers.
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is accountable for the direction, organization, staffing and continuous improvement of all supply chain processes and activities from purchasing and procurement to production planning necessary to support the delivery of the Swiss American Experience to our customers. The Supply Chain Manager will provide leadership in the achievement of department goals, consistently demonstrate, and encourage in others the organization’s core corporate values, and champion Swiss American’s overall strategic vision. The role requires hands-on technical competency with high levels of customer/Supplier interaction.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, develops, organizes, directs, manages, and evaluates the personnel of the Supply Chain Department
- Develops the supply chain strategy for the organization
- Identifies and manages risk within the supply chain by addressing tactical and strategic supply chain issues
- Understands and services the needs of customers; maintains and develops positive business relationships with a customer’s key personnel relevant to or directly involved in supply chain activities
- Develops analytics, systems, and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports
- Stays informed of advances in supply chain technology and approaches and applies within the organization to improve supply chain processes
- Establishes key performance indicators, monitors ongoing performance, and improves performance in alignment with established goals
- Develops and implements new systems, best practices, inventory control, and other optimizations to grow the business
- In collaboration with Human Resources, directs the hiring of resources necessary to maintain and improve department operations
- Trains, supervises, mentors, and evaluates the performance of supply chain staff
- Directs, coordinates, assigns, monitors, and reviews the work of individuals engaged in supply chain-related duties
- Collaborates with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision-makers to share information, problem-solve, and clarify management objectives
- Meets with existing vendors to negotiate improved pricing, product quality, and delivery.
- Procures materials as required by the Materials Requirements Planning system and other sources of demand.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Identifies and selects vendor to procure material, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and places orders.
- Negotiates and supervises supply contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Participate in the development of specifications for services, products, materials or substitute materials.
- Attends internal product development meetings to identify new product demands, schedules, and procurement needs.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids to suppliers through RFQ process.
- Conducts meetings, prepares and presents reports, and provides information to identify purchasing requirements, establish business plans and performance objectives, and report performance against plan and business objectives.
- Oversees all aspects of long term production forecasts together with the firming of material requirements.
- Produces capacity plan detail to enable forward planning of production areas.
- Develops a Sales and Operations Planning process, producing data and analyzing as required.
- Analyses and reviews lead times to reflect actual manufacturing processes.
- Coordinates continuous improvement activities to reduce stock, to optimize production planning
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Technical / Trade Skills:
No technical / trade skills required.
Supervisory / Leadership Responsibilities:
- Directly managing 5-8 employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing / Sitting long hours
- Walking on hard or uneven surfaces
- Reaching / Pulling / Pushing
- Climbing / Stairs
- Bending / Stooping
- Hearing / Listening
- Vision in all forms of light
- Lifting over 50 lbs.
- Using fingers or hands
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.