Global Health (HIV/AIDS) Project Manager
- Job Title
- Global Health (HIV/AIDS) Project Manager
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA 92110
- Other Location
Global Health, HIV/AIDS Prevention, Project Manager
Supporting the US Defense HIV & AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP)
US-Citizenship Required, must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Location: San Diego, CA (Hybrid work from home with some onsite time)Are you an experienced Global Health Project Manager with capabilities related to HIV/AIDS prevention and education initiatives?@Orchard LLC is an EDWOSB 8(a) Federal Contractor and we have been retained to assist a growing Federal Contractor in finding two Global Health (HIV/AIDS) Project Managers to support the mission of DHAPP across the world. As the Global Health PM, you would work with foreign military and NGO partners within a region to develop HIV/AID prevention and education initiatives, and have the rewarding experience of assisting the military and our partners improve safety and health outcomes.
Are you interested in utilizing your expertise to improve safety and outcomes for the US-Military and global partners?
Are you experienced partnering with NGOs and local-global organizations to identify and deliver services and education?
Are you either located in San Diego or willing to relocate to the location within 60-days of starting (assistance provided)?
Are you willing and able to work onsite at a base location, including meeting all current COVID-19 protocols?
If your answers are in the affirmative, please contact @Orchard LLC for a conversation and to learn more.
As the Global Health (HIV/AIDS) Project Manager you will;
- Provide policy and technical input in the development of appropriate HIV prevention, care, and treatment strategies.
- Serve as a contact point for all matters related to US-host military HIV/AIDS issues.
- Work with US Government and NGO partners to implement the HIV/AIDS prevention plan.
- Represent the US Government, DoD, and DHAPP in coordinating HIV/AIDS prevention in-country efforts with other donors and collaborators.
- Determine an appropriate 5-year HIV strategy based upon local resources and potential partners, current host military HIV efforts.
- Identify funding opportunities, request funding, and assist with the preparation of proposals.
- Liaison with appropriate in-country members, and Commands.
- Implement the planned prevention strategy, including program oversight, milestone monitoring, and evaluation including implementing partners.
- Provide financial oversight and review for appropriate disbursement including implementing partners.
- Maintain current military HIV knowledge and information.
- Formulate a team of expert resources in prevention, treatment, care, and support activities as needed.
- Provide HIV prevention technical assistance to the field with regard to program planning, behavior change communication, HIV service linkages, HIV testing and counseling, partner notification/index testing, PMTCT, VMMC, general population prevention, and related HIV-specific programming
- Serve on USG technical panels in specific HIV technical areas.
- Direct, manage and evaluate large amounts of data from a variety of resources
- Travel out of the continental U.S. approximately 25% of the year, to assigned location(s).
- Must be US Citizen with the ability to obtain and Public Trust clearance
- An advanced degree in a relevant technical field (MPH preferred).
- Two+ years of experience in international health, health sciences, or in HIV/AIDS programs
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and accurately with various stakeholders such as DOD, NGO, and local government officials
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support programs.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in an established culturally diverse team setting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and be flexible in responding to changing demands, timelines, and priorities
- Masters of Public Health
- Prior work experience with a USG Agency, military, or other international/local organization
- Intermediate or better French or Spanish speaking ability
If you believe you have the experience and background to fulfill this mission please contact us, or apply directly.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.