BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Sr Database Administrator
- Job Title
- Sr Database Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA
- Other Location
Title: Sr Database Administrator III
Location: Dahlgren, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: Provide expert level support for data management for the Ready Relevant Learning Ecosystems.
- Ten years of work-related experience in Database Administration.
- Five or more years of specialized experience performing work in each of the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience as a Lead Database Administrator responsible for database administration team.
- Demonstrated experience in installing and administrating Oracle and PostgreSQL databases.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows Computer Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated experience in resolving complex IT program and implementation issues, especially with cross platform data and IT systems that require coordination and compatibility.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing secured database driven web applications.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and refining systems requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and designing database architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Demonstrated experience in database driven software development.
- Demonstrated experience developing database software using an Agile framework.
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- Familiarity with Hibernate ORM.
- Familiarity with RESTful Web APIs.
- Familiarity with developing secure web applications using a DevSecOps methodology.
- Familiarity with software version control and/or software source code base management.
- Familiarity with software virtualization and containers (Virtual Box, Docker, Open Shift, Kubernetes).
- Ability to interface with project managers, technical leads, and other team members to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and its requirements.
- Ability to provide suggestions as appropriate on situations requiring changes in resources, impacts on established policies, broad program goals, or projected timetables.
- Ability to assist necessary aspects of software development team with testing and debugging.
- Ability to participate in the analysis and development of test plans. Tests assigned components and units, provides test results and recommends corrections.
- Ability to author or assist in the writing and/or presentation of briefings (reports on analyses, findings, and project progress), project or task plans, system specification manuals, technical reports and user manuals.
- Ability to assist necessary aspects of software development with testing and debugging.
- Ability to participate in the analysis and development of test plans. Tests assigned components and units,
- provides test results and recommends corrections.
- Ability to identify and direct resolution of moderately complex database/software interface issues or other technical problems.
- Ability to participate in technical exchanges as required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to occasionally travel to customer, vendor, and industry meeting locations, if required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills