Data Warehouse Project Manager
- Job Title
- Data Warehouse Project Manager
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Summary: Data Warehouse project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time within budget and scope. The Project Manager will have experience managing data warehouse projects. Project managers should have a background in business skills, personnel management, budgeting and analysis as well as experience running software development projects structured in both Agile and waterfall methodologies. The Project Manager should also have familiarity with the operations and maintenance of IT systems. Project managers are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee. Project managers thrive when planning projects and working with project teams to accomplish a common goal.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline.
Required Years of Experience: 7 years, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Recruit and allocate resources to open project positions, effectively matching skills, maturity, and subject matter expertise;
- Collect performance feedback from peers, project leadership and provides constructive feedback to the resource;
- Meet regularly with full-time staff to discuss career development opportunities;
- Work with project and technology leadership to remediate project/staff issues and conflicts; escalate to direct supervisor as necessary;
- Working closely with clients, develop a resource plan, taking into account roadmaps, capacity needs, current staffing levels, current and future skills needs, and core competencies to adequately and cost-effectively staff programs, projects, and resources while minimizing key person dependencies;
- Work closely with Human Resources (HR), Recruiting, third party vendors, and subcontractors to acquire resources in line with the resource plan, position rates, and duration;
- Collect and conduct performance reviews aligned with the corporate policies and timelines; Participate in calibration/stack ranking exercises.
- Facilitate definition of software design of new features and work cooperatively with Business Analysts and UI Designers.
- Work cooperatively with Clients, Project Managers, QA, and Network Operations to ensure a successful, well communicated, high quality release.
- Develop, mentor, and coach an engineering team to build a strong development team, increase team effectiveness, and promote individual team member’s growth.
- Create software development schedules for features and releases.
- Create software development LOEs for feature requests.
- Define, improve, and promote software engineering processes and best practices.
- Manage and collaborate with other members of software engineering group including our Software Architects in defining and maintaining product architecture.
- Monitor technology trends for new opportunities and improvements.
- Experience as a Data Warehouse Project Manager.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum organization; Well versed in agile software development techniques, conference room pilots, prototyping.
- Experience working with clients in a highly collaborative environment with a focus on providing the appropriate resources that are matched to the work to be performed.
- Exceptional decision-making ability; can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience mentoring and training staff including software developers
- Experience working with remote team members
- Ability to build, maintain, and inspire a team
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Experience with system integration technologies, service-oriented architecture (SOA), web services, software design principles, tools and applications
- Experience with large scale web applications, system architectures, and data architectures
- Excellent communication skills – written/verbal/presentation
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3 programs.
- VA or other Federal contracting experience
- Healthcare IT experience
- Prior technology leadership experience (i.e., Lead Architect, Lead Consultant, Manager, Engineering Manager, Director, Program Manager)
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- PMP Certification
- SAFe Certification