Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Job Title
- Database Developer
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
Senior Database Developer
Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, is currently seeking a Senior Database Developer with AWS and Oracle experience
The Database developer designs stable and reliable databases, according to our company’s needs. The Database developer is responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively. The Database developer will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency and collaborate with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude. Ultimately, the Database developer ensures database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 5 years, or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proven work experience as a Database developer
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Services
- Proficient with Oracle databases
- Proficient in SQL
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
VA or other Federal Government experience preferred