Liberty IT Solutions, a Booz Allen company, was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Operations Manager, PMO
- Job Title
- Operations Manager, PMO
- Job ID
- Remote or Melbourne, FL
- Other Location
The PMO Operations Manager will provide guidance and best practice support to the delivery teams in the following areas; change management, training, operations & maintenance/ticket management, deployment, roll-out plans, requirements and testing. This role is intended to manage service and operations quality, reduce time to delivery, decrease complexity, communicate and coordinate by helping to create playbooks for knowledge areas and provide leadership to optimize and automate project implementation and operational procedures.
Required Education: Technical Bachelors or Masters degree
Required Years of Experience: 10 years, or 7 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Work closely with each project manager and product teams to coordinate the operational and implementation team activities with the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) and Veterans Health Administration (VHA), generate and implement the operations plan, calculate risks, and build and maintain reliable release schedules.
- Manage the operations to ensure the release and support needs of the VA client are properly addressed and closed
- Create PMO Operations processes and procedures to support the PMO Operations Key Process Area (KPA)
- Have understanding and knowledge of DevSecOps and tools which may include; Jira, jenkins, git, apex, Junit, selenium, maven, nexus, eclipse, cucumber, micro focus, copoto
- Work with project and technology leadership to remediate project/staff issues and conflicts; escalate to direct supervisor as necessary
- Collect operational metrics on the effectiveness of the engineering team(s); Perform root cause analysis on production defects and recurring quality issues initiating improvement efforts appropriately; Partner with other technology teams on broader improvement initiatives in order to reduce unit cost, reduce cycle time, and reduce the number of defects while increasing business value
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers, QA, and Network Operations to ensure a successful, well communicated, high quality release
- Educate, guide and direct project teams on best practices for change management, training, operations & maintenance/ticket management, deployment, roll-out plans, requirements and testing
- Continue to Define, improve, and promote software engineering processes and best practices
- Monitor technology trends for new opportunities and improvements
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably. In some IT departments, this process can include developing service level agreements (SLAs) for the help desk. An IT operations manager may also develop guides for users and technicians, such as FAQ documents or employee handbooks for IT department personnel.
- Provide visibility into the operations, ensure the health of the program products by eliminating outages, provide rapid resolution and remediation of all product issues. Use automation to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Technical skills: extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle, including scrum, agile and Kanban
- Experience in Federal contracting
- Experience in Health IT
- Must be well versed in full systems development life cycle, structure and management practices
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to the projects
- Exceptional decision-making ability in a dynamic, aggressive environment
- High standards and results-orientation with a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Experience working with remote team members
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with large scale web applications, system architectures, and data architectures
- Excellent communication skills – written/verbal/presentation
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- VA and/or Healthcare IT experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3 programs.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Prior technology leadership experience (i.e., Lead Architect, Lead Consultant, Manager, Director, Program Manager)
- 10+ years experience in software development and 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- 5+ years experience as software development manager
- Experience with mentoring and training staff