BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lead Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Lead Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Title: Lead Systems Engineer
Location: NGA NCE, Springfield, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: Guides Senior-level, Mid-level and Junior-level engineers performing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, schedule, reliability, resiliency, service development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability, and analysis across the system.
Guides the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architecture traceability, procedures, and other efforts to automate and improve existing systems and reviews GSR service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
Guides engineers developing solutions and designs based on analysis of requirements and new technological opportunities
Assists the Government in capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capabilities requirements and solutions and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
Conducts Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
Operates at the level of integrating multiple systems, services, processes, and interfaces within a Major Systems Acquisition across organizational and agency boundaries.
Exhibits transparency by sharing all salient facts relevant to the task at hand. Routinely provides honest and frank feedback to Government leads on the achievability of desired deliverables within proposed timeframes.
Communicates unexpected setbacks quickly and proposes mitigation actions. Incorporates lessons learned in future planning.
Communicates with government on achievability of system and program goals as well as setbacks and mitigation steps for any impediments to those goals.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated system experience on a program/project similar to the size, scope and complexity of Yorktown II utilizing SAFe or similar agile methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, computer science, information technology, management information systems, or related STEM degree program.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in Government or Industry in work areas related to systems engineering including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or System Engineering of large complex System of Systems and Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in systems engineering programs related to information technology and/or software on a program/project similar to the size, scope and complexity of Yorktown II.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience with systems engineering lifecycle.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience with systems related to intelligence collection.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience with architecture, requirements, and DoDAF.
- Knowledge and at least 5 years of experience with NGA imagery and data repositories, products, data types, and uses.
- At least 15 years of demonstrated experience in Government or Industry in work areas related including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or System Engineering of large complex System of Systems and Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- At least 15 years of demonstrated experience in systems engineering programs related to information technology and/or software on a program/project similar to the size, scope and complexity of Yorktown II.
- At least 15 years of demonstrated experience with systems engineering lifecycle.
- At least 15 years of demonstrated experience with architecture, requirements, and DoDAF.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills