BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Senior Secretary
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: The Senior Secretary (SS) provides administrative support to a variety of offices. Depending on the office, some tasks can be more dynamic (i.e., less routine) and challenging than other tasks. The SS requires a high level of professionalism, performance, and accountability. Support at this level is expected to occur in a fluid and autonomous manner. The SS shall be responsible for anticipating administrative requirements in order to proactively support office leadership with day-to-day business rhythms that may involve a wide-range of tasks; they are expected to maintain a flexible work-style that adapts to dynamic office tempos and changing priorities. The duties of the SS:
- Provide professional and responsive administrative support to leadership personnel and staff in support of organizational mission requirements. This will require serving as a focal point for executing a broad range of administrative responsibilities with some tasks occurring routinely and/or on an “ad-hoc” basis per real-time needs of the office.
- Manage office schedules and calendars to administratively support timely planning, coordination, execution, and completion of business rhythms, corporate requirements, and events (i.e., meetings, town halls, conferences, travel, etc.).
- Apply mature and objective judgment to determine best approach and course of action to take in both routine and non-routine administrative situations. This will require a strong working knowledge and understanding of the assigned office’s organizational policies, guidance and administrative business rhythms and processes, as well as, accurately interpreting and adapting guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices that are not always completely applicable to a changing situation. This includes reading, understanding, and applying applicable IC, DoD and end customer policies, instructions, regulations, and guidance.
- Proactively anticipate and keep leadership and/or staff apprised of high priority issues, requirements, and developments as it relates to office business and administrative activities. This includes reading publications, regulations, directive, instructions and guidance and take action or refer those that are important to office leadership, management and/or staff.
- Prepare, review and/or edit correspondences (such as form letters, reports, tables, spreadsheets, and other printed material) and special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence and other offices, etc. under general directives.
- Perform data entry and maintenance of stored data/records in established databases, spreadsheets and other electronic data/record tracking and repository systems.
- Support office with the development of guidance, procedures and/or policies relative to facilitating administrative activities of the organization. These functions may include training/travel budgets, suspense systems, space planning, personnel management, record management, logistics support, asset tracking, etc.
- TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a poly.
- One of the following combinations of Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in General Business Administration or a related degree from an accredited University/College and Minimum 4 years of secretary experience; Or,
- Associate’s Degree in General Business Administration or a related degree from an accredited College and Minimum 6 years of secretary experience; Or,
- High School Diploma and Minimum 8 years of secretary experience
- Experience must be specific and reflect:
- Proven experience as a secretary supporting administrative requirements at the mid- to upper-management levels of an office, accomplish required administrative tasks independently.
- Strong foundational knowledge and understanding of the DoD and IC.
- Strong interpersonal, soft, and collaboration skills
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support of completing office administrative requirements.
- Capable of independently handling a large, complex workload, effectively coordinating multiple resources, and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment having competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written; ability to articulate and exchange information (i.e., requirements, actions, needs, status, etc.) in a professional tone and attitude to achieve efficient business rhythms.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative and innovative techniques for performing administrative responsibilities that enhances office workflow processes and business rhythms.
- Ability to interpret and adapt guidelines with minimal assistance, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices that are not always completely applicable to a changing situation
- Ability to operate a computer and common office equipment; proficiency with MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions).
- Ability to type at a minimum of 45 words per minute (wpm).
- Prior DoD and/or IC experience working in a related field.
- Prior experience working with the military and understanding of the services.
- Proficient working knowledge of the following corporate applications: PeopleSoft, Defense Travel System (DTS) with knowledge of the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR), NCERTS, SharePoint.
- Overseeing office spend plans for travel, supplies and awards.
- Prior experience with presentation techniques.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access database.
- Prior experience with the awards and decorations process
- Creating and updating Read-Ahead Books, and Staff Summary Sheets (SSS)
- Experience with scheduling, coordination, set-up, and operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; and this include teleconferences.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills