- Job Title
- Chemical Buyer
- Job ID
- CARROLLTON, TX 75006-6623
- Other Location
Swiss American CDMO LLC is a topical drug, skincare, wound care, and medical device developing and manufacturing company founded to provide cutting-edge topical skincare technologies to selected markets. Our business strategy consists of development, manufacturing, and superior customer service to contract manufacturing customers worldwide. A strong team approach to serve our customers is the basis of our mantra – “Partnering to deliver service through quality, integrity, and commitment.” Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, and Leadership? These are the core attributes we are looking for at Swiss-American CDMO, LLC. To see all of the opportunities currently available with Swiss-American CDMO, please follow this link in addition to exploring the opportunity that you have already selected below - www.swissamericancdmo.com/careers.
The Chemical Buyer purchases chemicals, of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. This professional also reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, issues bid requests, and reviews quotations. Additionally, this person interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Purchase materials such as raw & chemical materials, for establishment.
- Creates and issues accurate, complete Purchase Orders up to $15,000.00 in value in a timely manner.
- Creates and presents Purchase Orders in any amount to be countersigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Authorizes payment of invoices or return of merchandise within the scope of authority.
- Interviews and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine sources of trouble and take corrective action.
- Resolves discrepancies associated with purchases to management’s satisfaction in a professional and timely manner.
- Assists Purchasing Manager in identifying and selecting vendors to procure material, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery date, and places orders.
- Updates records and files and secures samples, descriptions, photos, or information for departments upon request.
- Expedites orders and requests as needed.
- Reviews and approves documents generated by purchasing clerks for accuracy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience with Chemicals and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures, materials, products, and the commodity market in the area of specialization, skilled in establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Business Suite, email, contact management, accounting, and Internet software.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with company match and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.