Business Applications Support Analyst
- Job Title
- Business Applications Support Analyst
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Business Applications Support Analyst
We are currently seeking a Senior Business Applications Support Analyst to join our team.
Provides problem resolution and issue management for supported applications in the Business Applications domain. Serves as a leader in the group by leading efforts in problem solving, offering solutions, and mentoring on strategy or technology. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity bounded by defined standards and processes. Operates with much latitude for un-reviewed action or decision. Reviews progress with management.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Provides problem resolution and issue management for supported applications in the Business Applications domain ensuring issues are resolved and communicated to pertinent parties in a timely fashion.
- Serves as a lead for the Business Applications Support team and acts as a resource for problem solving, issue resolution, creating positive customer relationships, and successfully contributing to business unit goals and objectives.
- Tracks process to ensure that unresolved tickets are escalated to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Investigates issues to help determine core problem. This includes data analysis, source code analysis, business process analysis, any other contributing factors such as user habit, etc.
- Recommends changes to business process and/or program code to address the core problem.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant supported applications.
- Provides a high level of customer services and maintains customer’s trust and confidence in the group’s knowledge of and concern for their needs.
- Monitors the resolution of issues as it applies to the Business Application domain. This includes communicating updates on the issue to the customer as well as ensuring that they understand the resolution.
- Collaborates with team members to share knowledge regarding reoccurring problems and corrective measures.
- Escalates and communicates issues that prevent core business to function.
- Takes the lead role in data correction / manipulation when required to support business utilization of application;
- Determines appropriateness and impact of requests, evaluates, recommends and implements proper course of action.
- Participates in the development of team documentation as well as maintains the documentation used by the group.
- Assists development team in detailed research as needed.
- Ensures adherence to defined standards.
- Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate business needs.
- Mentors other Business Applications Support team personnel on business and IT processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Three or more years of experience are required.
- Possesses the aptitude to accept complex assignments, analyze problems, and generate effective solutions.
- Is able to command control of a problem and organize resources and knowledge to attain solutions.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/issues while providing thorough, understandable resolutions and excellent customer service to end-users.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Exhibits strong teamwork skills.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when dealing with break fix issues that directly impact end user utilization.
- Is able to manage problem-solving activity in an efficient and effective manner.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization and enforcement of defined standards and process.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Preferred skills include PowerBuilder, Informix 4GL, Informix DBMS, MS SQL Server, .NET Framework including ASP.NET, VB.NET, HTML, XML, XSLT, IIS and NT/Windows 2000, UML design.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.